Friday, April 1, 2011

ifp Turns Two – Happy Blogiversary! 10(ish) Favorites from The Past Year

Well I really can’t believe it! Today marks two years since I began this blog. On April 1, 2009 I dove in with my first review:, and I’ve been having a great time ever since. I had no idea it would go so fast, and absolutely no idea how much fun it would be!

To celebrate another year of beauty junkie-dom, I’m going to feature ten of my favorites from the past twelve months. I wish I could list everything that wowed me this year, but I needed to whittle down the list – so I randomly decided on ten.

And of course…a big giant gorgeous THANK YOU to all of you who visit my site, and send me your comments, suggestions, stories (and off color jokes – you know who you are). Here’s to another pretty year!

In no particular order (and I’ve included links to the original reviews)…

NARS Cream Eyeshadow: Creamy, buildable color that glides on and stays put. Gorgeous!


Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen: I know I keep going on about these. But they deserve every bit of praise. These are fabulous pencils!


Lancôme Artliner Precision Point Eyeliner: A soft and flexible pen brush gives precision and smooth velvety lines. As well as deep color that lasts all day.


Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara: They made my “desert island” mascara even better! All the awesomeness of the original formula plus added volume!


AMOREPACIFIC Time Response Skin Renewal Foundation: Smoothes on to create a glowy, soft-focus finish (oh…and it’s good for your skin too).


Infiniti Pro by Conair™: Powerful, lightweight, and fast, fast drying!


Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil: I am never going to be without this again! Use it for conditioning, styling, and as an incredible overnight treatment.


Samy Fat Foam Hair Color: This hair color blew me away. I liked it so much that I said goodbye to my brand of 15 years!


Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo and Conditioner: Liz Earle created a duo that is gentle, effective, and leaves hair looking and feeling like silk.


Burt’s Bees Coconut Foot Creme: It works. Your feet will be soft, soft, soft. And they’ll also smell delicious. And since it’s organic, it’s perfectly fine if someone nibbles on your toes (did I say that out loud?).


So…um…I’m not officially including these next items; but they appeared on my Spring Things Review last week. If I had decided to feature “14 Favorites” these would be on it.

CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture

AMORE Natural Protector SPF 30

FACE Stockholm Pot Glosses

Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream

Okay…So maybe I should have made this a “15 of my Favorites” List. But this one doesn’t really count because it was a limited edition shade. But it was so super awesome, that I couldn’t leave it out.

Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in "Extravagant Berry"


And now for something completely superfluous…

For your listening/viewing pleasure, I’m posting the gold standard version of a certain song from “West Side Story” (Natalie Wood is “Maria,” and the singing is done by Marney Nixon). Enjoy and have a great weekend!

1 comment: