Monday, April 4, 2011

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 (rave review)

Really bad surprise: Last Thursday, the police knocked on my door at 3:30am to let me know that someone had crashed into my dear little car (Bettie). No humans were hurt, but Bettie has been declared a total loss.

Really good surprise: This fabulous item from Neutrogena.

Healthy Skin Compact Makeup (SPF 55)


Blurb: Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 blends easily to give you a flawless, natural look, while helping to protect your skin from the sun's damaging rays. Silky, lightweight formula gives you buildable coverage and provides the most powerful level of UVA-UVB protection available in a foundation without feeling heavy or greasy.

This weekend, I was way behind schedule, and I decided to try this compact because it looked useful, portable, and I thought it would save me the step of applying sunscreen. I was thrilled to discover it was all of those things. The surprise was how gorgeous it made my skin look!

This has so many good things going for it, I don’t know where to begin. First, it has an SPF of 55 (broad spectrum helioplex – the only non zinc-oxide sunscreen my dermatologist recommends). The creamy formula goes on beautifully, and sets to a smooth, weightless finish. The coverage is sheer, buildable, and unbelievably natural. My skin looks flawless.

It also comes with its own applicator sponge, snaps securely shut and is going with me on my trip this weekend.

Check out all 8 shades on the website. Be sure to visit the special offers page and see what’s on sale. Neutrogena is sold in grocery stores, drugstores, and online at drugstore.com (where there’s a nifty BOGO offer right now).

And here’s Bettie…a faithful car until the very end.



(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

No comments:

Post a Comment