Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sensible and Soothing: Skyn Iceland The Antidote Daily Lotion (review)

I can’t decide if I’m awake early or up late. At about 3:30 am this morning, the police knocked on my door to tell me that someone had hit my car (it’s parked out on the street). I called the insurance company and tried to go back to sleep, but quickly realized that sleep was not going to happen. So I did what any red-blooded, wired, sleep-deprived beauty junkie would do…I blogged!

And now I’m reviewing some fine soothing skincare. From Skyn Iceland

The Antidote Quenching Daily Lotion


Blurb: Lightweight daily moisturizing lotion to hydrate and cool stressed skin. Perfect for red and irritated, oily or acne-prone skin. Omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids help preserve skin's natural moisture. Aloe vera, jojoba and shea butter help soothe, moisturize and heal dry skin. A mint derivative provides a cooling sensation and helps improve microcirculation to reduce redness in skin. White willow bark, a naturally occurring form of salicylic acid, soothes irritation and helps prevent breakouts and congestion in the skin. Icelandic kelp helps revitalize skin and fight inflammation. Meadow sweet extract helps control oiliness, tighten pores and clear skin. Yeast extract revitalizes and helps calm inflamed skin.

This is one of my go-to daytime moisturizers. It moisturizes and hydrates extremely well, and it really is soothing. When my complexion is particularly sensitive or stressed, it calms and quiets my skin. I especially love to take it with me when I’m traveling. Changing temperatures, humidity changes, and being tired or stressed (like…um…now) make this a lifesaver.

Skyn Iceland’s mottos is: Solutions for Stressed Skin. They can’t de-stress my brain, but I’ll take any de-stressing that comes my way today.

Take a stroll over to the website and read what they have to say about Stress and Skin. There's also a cool page about the The Iceland Connection. Skyn Iceland is also sold at Sephora and Saks Fifth Avenue.

(ftc disclosure: purchased myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment