Friday, April 15, 2011

“Street” Week/Hair Care Friday – Part 2: Rusk Deepshine Lustre (review)

Part two of Hair Care Friday is all about smoothing things over. Just in case tax time has your feathers all dull and ruffled; here’s something to make everything all pretty, smooth and shiny again. From Rusk.

Deepshine Lustre Shine Enhancing Lusterizer


Blurb: A super-light cream that transforms dull hair into healthy, shiny hair infusing it with moisturizing marine extracts, natural lipids, strengthening proteins and protective UVB inhibitors. Formulated with Rusk's unique Marine Nutrient Complex, a blend of nourishing sea botanicals, this cream provides instant reflective shine for all hair types. Marine Nutrient Complex is a blend of sea botanicals from nutrient-rich algae that nourishes the hair with minerals such as magnesium, calcium, manganese and zinc. It strengthens the hair fiber; rebalances, rebuilds and restores the natural integrity of the hair; improves elasticity and resistance to breakage; protects hair from damage and pollution; and leaves hair with optimum shine and condition.

This stuff is excellent! For damp hair, I worked a pea-sized amount through my ends, and then another pea-sized amount through the rest of my hair. My hair is down to the middle of my shoulder blades now (yay); so I’m using more product than I used to.

Anyway…the result was super smooth, super shiny, super soft hair! It felt very silky; and there were no flyaways or frizz. And I loved the nice shine. I also tried it when I did a blowout (using a little more on the ends), and was really impressed at how pretty and shiny my hair looked. This is a lovely formula!

The website has the entire Deepshine collection. You can also check out the fashion, culture, and attitude pages. Deepshine Lustre is available at leading salons (including ULTA) and online at Stylesource.com.

Today’s second visit to Sesame Street is for those of you who are pulling out your hair with IRS-related worries (or any other worries for that matter). This episode is a little bit after my time; but every time I see it, I get all kinds of happy. Enjoy – and have a great weekend!



(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

No comments:

Post a Comment