Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Go Get One! NARS Cream Eyeshadow (rave review)

One of the things I love about being a beauty "enthusiast" (spelled j-u-n-k-i-e) is that there’s always something new. And even when there isn’t something new, there’s something that’s new to me. Today’s fabulous new-to-me item is from NARS.

Cream Eyeshadow (in “Grand Bleu” and “Mykonos”)

Blurb: Soft, supple cream-to-powder formula that provides long-lasting color. The ultra-pigmented shades are balanced in a lightweight texture, transparent in application. The soft-blending formula can be worn alone or layered under powder eyeshadow for long-lasting color and depth.

How I managed to skip over these I will never know. (Okay, actually I do know. NARS has so many amazing products, it's easy to miss something.)

Anyway, when I was shopping one of the private sales on Beautyticket.com, I noticed that they had a NARS Cream Eyeshadow available (in "Grand Bleu"). Never having tried one of their cream shadows was the perfect excuse to buy one.

I loved it!! This is one of the most awesome shadow formulas I’ve ever used! The creamy color goes on in a sheer wash. (The color is also somewhat buildable if you want more intensity.) What I fell in absolute love with, though, is how evenly and precisely it goes on – and how easy it is to blend. It also works well as a base under more vibrant colors.

“Grand Bleu” is a pale, sky blue. I loved it so much that I high tailed it to my nearest Sephora and bought another Creamshadow in “Mykonos” (a muted copper that goes with absolutely everything I own). Both have a flattering shimmer, apply beautifully, set to a powder and wear all day long without creasing or fading. I wish these came in every color!

Check out the colors they do have on the website (including the cream shadow duos). While you’re there, take a look at the latest page. NARS is also available at Sephora, beauty.com, and department stores like bloomingdales and Saks.
.
(ftc disclosure: purchased myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment