Thursday, September 23, 2010

Your Thursday Face: CG Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture (review)

Okay…duh.

Don't I write a fair amount of stuff having to do with travel-worthy items and things that work well for trips? (Answer: Yes I do.) Wouldn't that make you think I’ve gotten pretty good at packing up my beauty products? (Answer: Yes it would.) But this weekend, I was about an hour into my trip when I suddenly realized I'd packed everything except my foundation. I used it in the morning, and forgot to pack it. So…no foundation.

Duh.

Luckily, I realized this before spotting a nice big sign for Target. So I was able to fix the situation pretty easily. And I had a perfect excuse to try out a fine item from COVERGIRL.

CG Smoothers Tinted Moisture (SPF 15)

Blurb: Designed with AquaCurrent Science, this lightweight moisturizer with SPF 15 has a sheer tint of color to help even-out skin tone and hydrate skin. Its sunscreen provides UVA/UVB protection from everyday sun exposure, while the Gel Complex formula glides on for a barely-there coverage that's fresh and smooth.

I’d heard great things about this product, so I decided to give it a try. I was absolutely thrilled. It went on easily and smoothly, felt weightless and made my skin feel refreshed and hydrated. The coverage was sheer, evened out my skin tone, and looked very natural. It did an excellent job of neutralizing redness too. The finish is fresh and dewy without being shiny. It’s also oil free, and has a bit of SPF. Oh – and it was about $7!!!

I’m a big fan of beauty websites, and COVERGIRL’s is mighty good. (I recommend you get colormatched, or find out how to audition for The Casting Call.) Cover Girl is sold in drugstores, grocery stores, and at Target, Ulta, Walgreens, CVS, duane reade, and drugstore.com.

(ftc disclosure: purchased myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment