Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Blogiversary to Me…II! (review redux)

Yesterday was my one-year blog anniversary! I still can't believe it's been a whole year (plus one day). Another thanks to all of you for visiting (and for your nice emails yesterday).

To celebrate, I decided to spotlight a few things that really grabbed my attention during the last 12 months. Yesterday's and todays items are only a few. There just wasn't time (or room) to get to all of the standouts. But these few really have it going on!

Yesterday I featured sunscreen and makeup items. Today I'm focusing on skin care, bath & body, and hair care. I also kept the links, in case you want to read the original reviews. Enjoy!

Skin Care:

Comodynes Make-Up Remover Towelettes – Convenient, affordable and thoroughly effective!

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask – I use this every Saturday night. It removes every smidgen of everything from pores!

Olay Pro-X Eye Restoration Complex – The whole Pro-X line knocked my socks off, and the eye cream was especially fabulous

Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion – This is an excellent mattifier and shine controller, and it also contains salicylic acid to help fight breakouts

Bath & Body:

Borghese Splendide Mani Smoothing Hand Creme (SPF 8) – Besides being lovely and soothing, this hand cream even lasted through a handwashing!

Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Crème – The scent of this crème is amazing! I get compliments all the time when I have it on. (It's available in hand crème, body crème, body wash and honey bath…yum.)

Trader Joe's Moisturizing Cream Shave (in Honey Mango) – Still the best shave cream I've ever tried. And the price can't be beat!

Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Cloth – This item deserves an extra mention every chance I get. It's an inexpensive, durable, no-frills cloth that exfoliates like nothing else.

Hair Care

Remington Professional Hair Dryer – Excellent value, great design, and really easy to handle.

Privé Concept Vert Shampoo and Conditioner – I tried this because of its earth friendliness; but I keep coming back because it makes my hair soft, healthy and happy

Phyx Overnight Repair Masque – I put this on at night and woke up with new hair

I hope you've had as much fun re-visiting the last year as I have. I look forward to all the exciting, cool stuff yet to come!

Have a great weekend!
.

2 comments:

  1. I use Comodynes all the time to remove make up, Love the shaving cream I am going to have to look that up at Trader's next time, Dermalogica, awesome anything by Origins I adore especially the Ginger Souffle cream!
    Thank you for the awesome share!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the Origins grapefruit souffle! Yum. I don't know if you're a fan of coconut, but if you are, the Laura Mercier is amazing!

    ReplyDelete