Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Softening Me Up: Ec~Oooh~Chic (review)

Since my entry yesterday was a tad…er…long, I'm going to balance things out with something a little more concise today. (There's also a whole lot of beauty news.) And I'm posting earlier than usual because today is long and busy. I have a feeling that by late afternoon, stringing a couple of sentences together will be more than I can manage. I knew that this week might be a bit draining, so I'm making it a point to pamper myself in the evenings as much as possible. Last night (in the spirit of pro-active pampering), I checked out a couple of fine items from Ec~Oooh~Chic (by Ooohlala of Beverly Hills).

Organic Shea Butter and White Tea Shave Cream

Blurb: This shea butter rich formula is full of highly effective certified organic soothers, moisturizers and anti-oxidants such as aloe, sunflower oil, white and green teas, lavender, sweet almond and comfrey to help skin defend itself while staying soft and bump free. Ideal for shaving both feminine legs and manly faces. Fragrance free.

Tangerine & Ginger Sugar Scrub

Blurb: Made with natural cane sugar, honey and a selection of the finest essential oils this scrub provides a gentle yet effective treatment for dull skin. Natural cane sugar stimulates circulation working with honey and essential oils to revive soften and smooth. Makes a great at home spa treatment for removing dead skin cells and leaving skin feeling and looking renewed.

Thanks to these two items, my skin is like buttah today! For starters, the Shave Cream is gorgeous. It's actually more of a rich mousse than a cream; and what I love about that is that it doesn't run or disappear. I slathered it on both legs it stayed right where it was until I shaved it off. I got a very close shave and super soft, soothed skin afterwards.

The Sugar Scrub is thoroughly fabulous. Thoroughly. For one thing it smells heavenly – a bright, tart/sweet tangerine with a little zing of ginger. It's refreshing, but not overpowering. It has a lovely consistency (invigoratingly scrubby instead of scratchy); and after I rinsed, my skin was baby bottom soft. Depending on the weather, you might even skip using a body lotion afterwards. This is one of the best scrubs I've ever tried!

Ordering from the website is a whole lot of pretty fun. You can also get free shipping (in the USA) with the purchase of any two items. Aaaand…there are a couple of nice discounts (use code "WWD" to get 10% off the Shave Cream, and "OS" to get 10% off of the Papaya Pumpkin Enzyme Mask).
.

No comments:

Post a Comment