Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day Combinations: Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash (review and free offer alert!)

Warning: I'm feeling all wordy again today. I'm having dual impulses: one part of me wants to sit quietly and let life unfold; and the other part wants to describe it in excruciating detail. (Don't panic, I won't. At least not here.)

I've always been fascinated by duality - two seemingly opposite things existing side by side. Sometimes it creates terrible stress and conflict; but often the contradictions complement each other, and create something harmonious and magical. (Remember…I'm an opera singer. They force us to think that way.)

I could go on all day about the dual forces that shape our lives; but I'll use Earth Day as an example (since it actually applies to my blog). Here I am writing about Earth-friendliness and natural products; yet my haircolor comes from a bottle (okay, several bottles). And in honor of Earth Day, my eyelids are a shade of olive green that no human was ever born with. But somehow it all kind of works. My brain can hold on to sweeping ideas about sustainability, renewal, stewardship and reverence for the Earth and its creatures; while at the very same time, I can take absolute delight in a few small tubes and jars that make me feel beautiful and vibrant.

And if you happen to be waiting for a far-reaching, cheesy tie-in today; you have come to the right place. Because in addition to all of the high falutin' ying/yang forces and concepts, there's the in-your-face (literally) reality of…combination skin. Mine. And quite possibly yours. Here to make sense of things: Origins

Checks and Balances™ Frothy face wash

Blurb: When it comes to faces with dry and oily places, it takes a clever cleanser to balance the two. This gentle, frothy face wash carefully does both jobs without canceling each other out. Broad Leaf Kelp Extract discourages excess oil production, while Wheat Protein balances and protects dry prone zones. And Tourmaline actually makes water wetter to more easily disperse dirt and sebum down the drain. There’s also aromatic Bergamot, Spearmint and Lavender to add pleasure to the process. Skin feels comfortably refreshed after cleansing, never tight, pulled or parched.

I am never disappointed when I try anything from Origins. Not only are they kind to the earth and its inhabitants, they're extremely kind to my skin. The woman at the Origins counter told me I would love this Face Wash, and she was right. It cleans extremely well, feels wonderful while I'm using it, and leaves my face feeling smooth, soft, and calm. The dry parts get soothed and the oily parts are clean and fresh. I could see this being fabulous for any skin type, but it's a godsend for combination complexions.

Right now, the website is the place to be. Because today only, you can get this cleanser for free with your $30 online order (Enter code: CHECKS). Or for something different, you could enter code: "APW" and receive A Perfect World Cleanser instead. You can also get free standard shipping with a purchase of $50 or more.

Origins promotes Earth-friendliness throughout the year. Here are two more ways to participate right now:

- Sustain the Planet (purchase A Perfect World moisturizer between 4/18 and 4/30 and Origins will plant a tree on your behalf.

- Learn about the Return to Origins Recycling Program.

Happy Earth Day Everyone!
.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ally, thanks for visiting my blog. Unfortunately if a comment contains too much advertising I have to delete it - I want the comments to pertain mainly to the blog/post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete