Wednesday, April 7, 2010

More Eye Liner Today: Maybelline Eye Studio™ Lasting Drama™ Gel Eyeliner (review)

Well it turns out that I did not have enough eyeliner time on Monday. Of course, the great thing about having my own blog is that I can just go on and on (and on) about things that interest me. Which happens to be eyeliner. Today. Again.

Here's one from Maybelline New York.

NEW Eye Studio™ Lasting Drama™ Gel Eyeliner (In "Plum")

Blurb: Only our oil-free formula can hold highly concentrated pigments in a clear gel base. So color is more intense and lines resist wear for 24 hours. Smudge-proof and Water-proof. The most intense line for lasting drama. Removes easily with soap and water or with Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Makeup Remover Towelettes.

Besides the fabulous price (about $10), I was drawn to this liner because I went to a whole bunch of stores and they were sold out. So of course I had to get one. When I finally found a store with some in stock, I was pretty lucky to find it in a shade I don't have (Plum).

While the color isn't quite as saturated as some of the higher-end brands, it was pretty darn close. It went on easily, and there was a little bit of "smudge time" before it set. It looked great all day and came off really easily. I also liked the very subtle shimmer. And the brush that came with it was fabulous. I'm really impressed - this liner is an excellent value!

Other available colors are black, brown and grey. There's even a How-To Video. The website also has a bunch of other cool stuff. You can play with the Color Advisor, or enter a contest to win a walk-on role in a Broadway show.

Happy Wednesday!
.

1 comment:

  1. Good skincare is a must in every routine. Good, affordable skincare is God-send. You might want to call your relatives in the West because Beautylish went and brought the skincare range by Good molecules aboard its platform!

    ReplyDelete