Friday, April 16, 2010

Hair Care Friday: Earthly Delight Conditioner (review)

Welcome to another Friday featuring hair and hair care. For some reason, I was talking about hair a lot yesterday. I had a conversation with a co-worker about hair lengths and hair cuts, then later on in the evening I was on the phone with someone talking about long hair vs. short hair. As a result of all that, I decided I wanted to try growing my hair long again.

I used to wear it really long (down to my waist when wet) and then I got tired of all the upkeep. But when I asked my hairstylist to cut it off, he would always talk me out of it. After I moved to the east coast (2001), I was sitting in my living room watching "Fashion Emergency" (remember that show?); and suddenly decided that I wanted my hair cut right now. So I got a pair of scissors, flipped my hair forward and cut a straight line across (luckily curly hair hides a lot of mistakes). Ever since then, my hair has been somewhere between short and shoulder length.

So now that the decision is made, I'm going to see how I feel about long hair after almost 9 years. One of the things I do remember is the importance of a great conditioner. Oh wait! I just happen to know of one!

Earthly Delight Hair Conditioner

Permission to use this photo is courtesy of Danielle at Black Strands. Many Thanks, Danielle!

I tried this conditioner because an employee at Whole Foods raved about it. Since her hair looked pretty fabulous, I took her word for it and bought a bottle. Thank you, Whole Foods employee! This is a fabulous, fabulous conditioner! I didn't notice much difference on the first two days, but by the third day my hair was much softer, and felt gorgeous. I couldn't believe how much better it looked and behaved.

When I started looking for information on the web, I found recommendations on websites for long hair and curly hair. I'm not surprised. The bottle says "for all hair types," but I know that long and/or curly hair tends to need a lot of extra TLC. In addition to the fabulous softening and detangling, this conditioner also smells downright delicious (kind of a spicy coconut fragrance). I've also used a small amount as a leave-in and really liked the results.

I'm planning on trying the shampoo next, but I need to finish up what I have. I wish I could direct you to a website, but I haven't been able to find one. The only place I've seen it for sale is in Whole Foods and online at a site called Willner Chemists. If any of you happen to know where else it can be found, let me know and I'll post.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment