Monday, November 23, 2009

The Inside Story: Three Items from La Mer’s Holiday Offerings (review)

Ooooh, Deluxe, Luxurious La Mer! About a week or two ago, I featured some of the awesome La Mer Holiday Offerings. A few of these collections (The Connoisseur Collection, The Signature Collection and Legendary Luxury) contain three of La Mer's signature products, so I thought I'd take a look at them today.

Crème de la Mer

Blurb: The legendary Crème that has inspired a cult following. Even now, it is not entirely clear how Crème de la Mer works. For us schooled in logic, it is something of a jolt to the imagination. But facts are facts and certainly the proof can be seen on the faces of those who use it. In a short time, skin becomes softer, firmer, looks virtually creaseless. Aging lines and pores are noticeably less visible. Even the driest of complexions are healed. Sensitivities are soothed. And, of course, there are some who insist it has produced astonishing results - as Dr. Max Huber witnessed. No wonder many who have tried every cream available remain steadfast in their devotion to Crème de la Mer.

I don't even know what I can add to the blurb. Crème de la Mer has become almost iconic in the beauty world. It's just an amazing moisturizer. Super, super hydrating, soothing, smoothing and is absolutely fine for my breakout-prone skin. There's a reason everyone raves about this cream!

The Lifting Face Serum

Blurb: At the heart of The Lifting Face Serum is a rare blue algae that flourishes in pristine waters fed by ancient glacial waters and underground springs. Its exceptional lifting energies come to life as it journeys through a meticulous bio-fermentation process, boosting its efficacy far beyond anything previously imagined. A network of proteins within the Blue Algae Lift Ferment stimulates skin's own internal building blocks while other proteins help prevent their premature breakdown. Skin's ability to renew itself is greatly enhanced. A youthful smoothness and bounce are tremendously restored.

This is a lovely serum. It feels healing and soothing without being heavy. I also like the slight firming feeling I get after it sinks in. I even get little bit of a glow! I haven't used this long term, but the results after a few days have been delightful.

The Eye Concentrate

Blurb: Ultraluxe eye treatment that dissolves the appearance of lines and wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness. This concentrated, ultraluxe eye treatment quenches and conditions impressionable skin. The Eye Concentrate significantly reduces the appearance of dark circles and puffiness, lines and wrinkles, encouraging the eye area to look and feel healthy, supple and luminous as never before. The Eye Concentrate is infused with three unique forms of Miracle Broth™: the original, a concentrated form and a new, encapsulated form designed to optimize continuous release to the skin. Known for its healing energies, the Miracle Broth™ infuses skin with the energy it needs to focus on renewal.

I love the Eye Concentrate! Especially now. Due to dry air and heaters; my eyes are really dry and puffy when I wake up. The cream melts into my skin and stays there all day. What I also like is that I can dab a little on in the evening if I'm going somewhere to "freshen" things up a little. Since it sinks in so quickly, I can touch up my makeup right away.

These three items are all sold separately too. You can find them on the website, and at fine stores like Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and Saks Fifth Avenue.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment