Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Hair (and I) Heart Philip B: Russian Amber Imperial Shampoo & Katira Hair Mask (review)

I don't think I'm wrong to love Philip B. Even though we don't live anywhere near each other, we travel in different circles, have different friends, and have never met or corresponded; I know that my love is real. Because my love is not based on shallow things like common interests, proximity or shared experiences. I love Philp B. because my hair looks really good today.

Russian Amber Imperial Shampoo

Blurb: We call this the Fountain of Youth for hair: Our reconstructing shampoo rejuvenates and revitalizes all hair types, giving even chemically-damaged strands a dramatically youthful look, feel and radiance from the first use. The power-packed formula truly heals on all fronts: Eleven life-giving L-Amino acids at active strengths repair hair on a cellular level — quickly restoring its body, bounce and shine. An extraordinarily high dose of Panthenol (Vitamin B5) coupled with a catalyst, Phytantriol, sinks moisture deep into every strand. An artful, Russian-inspired blend of of Chamomile, Grape Seed, Rosemary, Nettle, Burdock and Sage infuses hair with emollients for a healthy gleam-from-within. Protective Silk, Wheat and Soy Proteins increase elasticity and tensile strength. And Shea Butter imparts a finishing touch of weightless hydration for beautiful, long-lasting bounce and resilience. Equally decadent: The tantalizing scent of PHILIP B® Russian Amber Imperial Shampoo channels the opulence of the Romanov dynasty, when the healing and calming properties of Amber Oil were treasured by a privileged few. Treat your hair like royalty — the Imperial way!

Katira Hair Masque

Blurb: A gentle yet surprisingly versatile rejuvenator for all hair types, our unique, clear-gel formula sinks right in to plump up fine, limp strands or calm and smooth coarse, hard-to-manage hair. Think of it as an amped-up, squeaky-clean version of a deep-conditioning treatment: You get all the vibrant shine and silkiness you could dream of – without a trace of added weight or residue. PHILIP B® Katira Hair Masque will make the most of any hair texture, taking lush, light and manageable to a whole new level. Powerful amino acids work to rebuild fiber of hair, Katira imparts long-lasting moisture adding noticeable thickness, body, bounce and extreme shine for a red-carpet finish. PHILIP B® Katira Hair Masque will make the most of any hair texture, taking lush and managable to a whole new level.

How it works: Pure Katira Extract -- the "it" conditioner of the Middle East -- fills in weak, damaged spots in the hair cuticle for added smoothness and strength. It also gives your hair a slight electrical charge – you’ll feel it during your blowout – that leaves it fantastically light and bouncy. A high-tech L-Amino Acid Complex infuses your hair with a perfect dose of weightless, oil-free moisture and nourishing proteins for enhanced control and elasticity. Just one application will instantly revitalize your hair color, speed up blow-drying time, and lock in shine for a sexy, touchable, red-carpet finish.

In case you skipped my opening paragraph, let me repeat: my hair looks really good today. Extra special good. It also feels extra special good. I used the Shampoo and Masque last night, and today my hair is soft, curly, bouncy and shiny. It's also raining outside and there is not one smidgen of frizz.

The Shampoo is phenominal. It's more than a shampoo – it's an event (and it's very thick). I warmed it in my hands until it softened and then used it on my hair. After rinsing, I could already feel the difference. My hair was extremely clean, but also soft and smooth. The fragrance is lovely too. I let my hair dry naturally, then applied the hair Masque. I wrapped it in a towel and then let it dry during the evening (and left it in overnight). This morning I rinsed, put in my usual conditioner and said hello to the fabulousness.

Check out the website (if you haven't already). If you're thinking about gifts, there's also a page with great gift sets and suggestions.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment