Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Super Stellar! Dr. Denese SPF 30 Defense Day Cream (review)

I have managed to go for weeks now without mentioning why you should always-absolutely-no-matter-what use sunscreen. But I feel that I just need to step in before the long holiday weekend. Some of you may be doing rugged outdoor things like skiing, hiking or shopping in outdoor malls; and I would never forgive myself if I didn't remind you how important it is to have some protection during daylight hours.

Also, I found this thoroughly, rad, awesome, fab sunscreen from Dr. Denese Skincare.


SPF 30 Defense Day Cream

Blurb: An innovative day cream that, if worn every day on the face and eyelids, delivers important SPF 30 UVA/UVB broad spectrum protection to help prevent wrinkles, lines, and age spots. It is naturally tinted with self-adjusting melanin technology for instant, sheer coverage that's flawless, hydrated, and even. Instead of being chalky, thick, or white, this cream is hydrating and lightly tinted with melanin for a natural, self-adjusting finish that leaves skin even and flawless. Pleasant to wear, this innovative formula delivers SPF 30 UVA/UVB broad spectrum protection to the most vulnerable areas of the face.

Love, love, love, love, love! I have tried a lot of sunscreens and this one still managed to get my attention big time. It's zinc oxide based (my favorite broad spectrum kind of protection), oil free, hydrating and non-irritating. It also comes in a very handy variety of sizes (a 2oz. jar or bag friendly 1.5oz. or 4oz. tube).

What makes this sunscreen particularly awesome is the texture and tint. The consistency is thick, but it glides on beautifully and covers evenly and thoroughly. And the feel is soft and velvety without being greasy. And (I hope you're sitting down) there is absolutely no white cast. It's slightly tinted (almost like a tinted moisturizer), but the tint changes once it's on and matches your skin. Really, it does. This not only protects my face, but makes my complexion look smoother and more even. It also sits well under foundation (some of you may find you can even skip the foundation with this on).

This is not the first time that Dr. Denese has wowed me. (It is the third time*, if you're counting). I want to try every single thing they have now. Check out their website. In addition to their skincare, they also have beauty supplements, fragrance and makeup. You can even sign up to be a member of the Beauty Junkie Club.



*Feel free to read my earlier review of their thoroughly awesome HydroShield Tinted Moisturizer and SPF 30 Defense Eye Cream.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment