Thursday, October 8, 2009

Something Fresh: C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine (review)

Every Wednesday, my friend (Kristi) and I send each other horoscopes (Bob Brezsny's weekly horoscopes used to be in the Village Voice). Yesterday's was a doozie (not exactly sure how to spell that word). In a nutshell, it advised "surprise yourself at least once a day." I still don't know if it's the stars or Bob Brezsny's insights that thoroughly rock; but "surprise yourself at least once a day" sounded exactly like something I should be doing. I think I'm going to pick something from the list* each day and do it this week. If any of you Leo's out there want to try this, I'd love to hear your comments.

So what does my horoscope have to do with Lip Shine? Exactly nothing? No! Not exactly nothing. Lately I've been juggling a lot, and my life feels really over planned and predictable. But once I decided to "surprise myself" for a week, I suddenly felt invigorated. And…dare I say it?..."Refreshed." Enter C.O. Bigelow.

Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine / Breath Freshener # 502

Blurb: Our mint-infused lip balm provides a glossy high shine with a refreshing cooling sensation. Lips stay moist and protected while peppermint oil gives breath a long-lasting freshness.

I've been a fan of their My Favorite Lip Balm for years, so I already had high hopes for the Mentha Lip Shine. What I got was a great gloss that tastes good and smells fabulous. It has a very nice shine and good staying power. It isn't sticky and it even tingles a little. I tend to lick my lips a lot when the weather gets dry. This doesn't prevent me from doing that; but the peppermint oil actually does freshen my breath a little. I'm planning to keep one of these in my car until Spring.

You don't need me to tell you that the C.O. Bigelow website is totally worthy of investigation. But I'm telling you anyway. Check it out.




Yesterday, I "asked a question I've never asked."

* The List
Change your password.
Take a different way home.
Ask a question you've never asked.
Dream up a new nickname for yourself.
Choose a new lucky number.
Change the way you tell the story about an important event in your past.
Make it a little more difficult for people to have you pegged.
Eat a type of food you've never tried.
Do the research necessary to discover why one of your opinions may be wrong.
Add a new step to your grooming ritual.
Feel appreciation for a person whose charms you've become numb to.
Surprise yourself at least once a day.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment