Friday, October 9, 2009

Crave the Mix: Crabtree & Evelyn Botanical Body Lotion in Pink Grapefruit & Cucumber (review)

This week, my office mate has been on vacation and I temporarily switched to a different radio station. Usually we listen to classical; but right now I feel there's enough classical music in my regular life without having it on the radio. So I tuned into a local station (BEN FM 95.7) where the DJ's basically play whatever they want. It's freaking awesome. I can hear Pearl Jam and Donna Summer in the very same hour. In fact, I just did. (The hour also contained Rick Springfield and Melissa Etheridge.)

Abrupt segue way: Another mix I tried out all week (thanks to another co-worker) is from Crabtree & Evelyn.

Pink Grapefruit & Cucumber Body Lotion

Blurb: Clarifying, oil-regulating blend with pink grapefruit and astringent cucumber won't clog pores. Helps refine and clarify normal to oily skin. Silky lightweight formula absorbs quickly to leave skin feeling soft and smooth yet dry to the touch. Free of parabens, mineral oil, propylene glycol and synthetic dyes.

I don't know that my hands are oily or in need of clarifying; but I do like that I don't have to worry about touching my face when I use this lotion. I also know that this is an excellent moisturizer. It absorbs quickly and has a nice velvety feel.

Even though I've seen it around, I never really thought grapefruit and cucumber would work well together; but now I know. The fragrance is a great mix of tart, bright, sweet, grapefruit and clean, refreshing cucumber. The scent is definitely "present," but it isn't over powering.

As luck would have it, Crabtree & Evelyn is offering 20% off storewide and online through October 12 (Monday). I also recommend checking out their Online Outlet and of course, the hints…I mean, gifts section.

Happy Friday!




Yesterday, I "changed the way I tell the story about an important event in my past."

The List
Change your password.
Take a different way home.
Ask a question you've never asked.
Dream up a new nickname for yourself.
Choose a new lucky number.
Change the way you tell the story about an important event in your past.
Make it a little more difficult for people to have you pegged.
Eat a type of food you've never tried.
Do the research necessary to discover why one of your opinions may be wrong.
Add a new step to your grooming ritual.
Feel appreciation for a person whose charms you've become numb to.
Surprise yourself at least once a day.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment