Thursday, October 22, 2009

I Feel…Better: Kairos Acne Hair Care (review)

Hi everyone! Looks like my virus is finally on its way out. I'm still sort of sqinty-eyed, but definitely feeling more like myself. I am also realizing that a whole bunch of stuff has not gotten done this week. I had planned to put all my summer things away, and get out all the cold weather stuff. It hasn't happened. Luckily, we're having a little bit of an Indian Summer, so it's not such a big deal. One thing I have started, though, is switching over to fall hair care and skincare products (I think I hear a segue way coming).

Changes in weather mean big changes in my hair. It gets too cold to wear my hair back, and I also start needing more conditioner and products. Since my hair is in my face more, and I'm breakout prone; I also have to watch out for clogged pores. I've been trying out some pretty genius products from Kairos Acne Hair Care.

Balancing Breakout-Controlling Conditioner

Blurb: Kairos Balancing Breakout-Controlling Conditioner is a unique dual-purpose complex that clears blemishes and helps to prevent future breakouts while balancing and nourishing hair - leaving it soft, smooth, and tangle-free. This medicated formula combats the acne-causing factors linked to hair and hair products, effectively controlling and managing acne. With regular use of Kairos Balancing Breakout-Controlling Conditioner, users report: blemishes heal, excess oil on the scalp, hair and face is reduced, frequency, number, and intensity of breakouts lessen, and future breakouts are prevented. The carefully chosen cocktail of natural botanicals nourishes and balances hair for salon-quality results without acne-irritating aftermath for your complexion.

This is such a fabulous idea – a rich, softening conditioner that isn't going to clog my pores! Awesome. What also stood about this conditioner was how fast it detangled. Probably one of the best detanglers I've used. It also had a lovely fragrance, and made my hair feel soft.

Heat Protectant Clear Thermal Spray

Blurb: Kairos Heat Protectant Clear Style Thermal Spray is a high quality blend of natural ingredients that protects hair from the heat of styling tools for softer, healthier hair. Imparts extra shine and smoothness without acne-irritating aftermath for your complexion.

Colder weather also means that I am using my blow dryer again. This spray worked really well, and it also worked as a leave-in all by itself. I was very impressed.

Spiking Clear Style Hair Glue

Blurb: Kairos Spiking Clear Style Hair Glue is a no-flake, high quality blend of natural ingredients that grips hair for ultimate hold and style. Gives maximum control over wet or dry looks without acne-irritating aftermath for your complexion.

I was wondering how I could try this out since my hair is too long for spiking. Turns out I actually found a use for it during my show last weekend. I'm supposed to look scary and weird; so I used the hair glue to make my hair into long spikey, snake-like strands. They pointed out from all sides of my head. It was pretty cool if I do say so myself. Oh yeah, the glue. Held like you wouldn't believe!!! I was thrilled. My elaborate medusa-snaky hairstyle stayed put through hot stage lights and lots of dramatic stage business. It took a while for me to wash it all out, but once it was out, my hair was just fine. No dryness or brittleness from the hair glue. I'm definitely keeping this in my theatre bag (after I figure out how to work it into my Halloween costume).

Kairos is available on their website. Depending on your needs, you can also order the whole system (including shampoo, gel, spray and treatment). There's also an Acne Care and Causes page.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment