Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lighten Up! La Mer The Moisturizing Gel Cream (review)

Dedicating the past few days to getting good and worked up about my car situation seems to have gotten a lot of the anguish out of my system. Also, I was out singing last night, and that just makes everything better. BTW: It was a fabulous opera competition at a local restaurant (Trattoria San Nicola in Paoli, PA). So not only did I get to sing my favorite opera arias; the singers also got an amazing Italian dinner (and wine) (and dessert) afterwards. And I even made the finals! Pretty hard to be all worried and spazzy after a night like that. Today I'm all lighthearted and looking forward to the weekend.

What's that I hear in the distance? A segue way perhaps?...

(Did you really think I could resist? Surely you know better.)

To take full advantage of my seriously lighter mood, I'm going to discuss the seriously lighter The Moisturizing Gel Cream from La Mer.

Big Blurb: Inspired by sea kelp’s naturally refreshing and humectant properties, The Max Huber Research Labs have designed a uniquely lightweight new form of La Mer to moisturize the skin – The Moisturizing Gel Cream. Created with the original concentration of Miracle Broth™ and exclusive Lime Tea found in Crème de la Mer, The Moisturizing Gel Cream has the power to visibly transform the skin, leaving it hydrated, conditioned and refreshed. Soft and soothing to the touch, The Moisturizing Gel Cream offers a new texture and form preference while delivering all the transformational benefits of Crème de la Mer. Ideal for warm-weather climates and occasions when Crème de la Mer may be considered too rich, it deeply hydrates the skin and leaves a comfortably soft finish.

At the heart of The Moisturizing Gel Cream is the nutrient-rich Miracle Broth™ that is known for its healing energies. To create this vital essence, La Mer’s special sea kelp, harvested twice a year, combined with other natural ingredients - calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, lecithin, Vitamin C, E and B12, plus oils of citrus, eucalyptus, wheat germ, alfalfa and sunflower - journey though a slow 3-4 month bio-fermentation process. Vital energies are released as the ingredients transform into a whole far greater than the sum of its parts. True to Huber’s coveted formula, Crème de la Mer’s exclusive Lime Tea is also utilized in its original concentration. Created through the time-intensive process of extraction, La Mer’s Lime Tea is an exceptionally powerful anti-oxidant. Helping protect against a wide range of external insults, it gives skin the ability to focus energy on repairing its appearance.


Well you certainly don't need me to tell you how amazing and luxurious La Mer products are. And this Gel Cream is a wonderful lightweight version of the original Crème De La Mer. It contains the Miracle Both, the Lime Tea, and an army of nutrients. The texture is perfect for someone like me (oily/combo/break-out prone) – especially in the summer humidity. The consistency is lovely (so is the fragrance), and it makes my skin feel soft and hydrated without any heaviness. It absorbs very quickly and sits under my makeup beautifully (no shine or slip). I also tried this on my really sensitive neck for a couple of nights and could believe how it calmed and soothed! (It was kind of amazing actually.)

This was the perfect time for me to try out this cream. I am thoroughly appreciating this little bit of luxury (and lightness). La Mer is available at select Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and through their website.
.

2 comments:

  1. i adore this product...dumped all the hundreds of products I was always experimenting with,with no results.I wonder if you could please help me with this question,is la mer ingredients harvested from the dead sea because if it is there are many products from the dead sea that I was thinking mite have similar effects and amazing results as la mer? your thoughts and info with regard to my question will be highly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, I am loving this product too. I don't think these products are harvested from the Dead Sea (just the regular sea...lol...sorry, I'm a little goofy). There are companies that do specialize in Dead Sea ingredients (Off the top of my head, Ahava and One With Nature). Hope this answers your question!

    ReplyDelete