Thursday, August 13, 2009

La Prairie (review)

My title is very minimalist today. (Mainly because I couldn't seem to come up with anything corny or sassy this morning.) But please don't let a lack of smart-alecky-ness stop you from reading my review.

A couple of weeks ago, I put up some info about La Prairie's new color line: Plumage de Nuit (Feathers of the Night). I love that the colors in the collection are both warm and glamorous; and seeing this collection made me so impatient to try out their color line (I was only familiar with their skincare). Today I'm reviewing a gorgeous cream blush and a truly spectacular gloss.

Cellular Radiance Cream Blush in "Peach Glow"
Blurb: Cellular Radiance Cream Blush enhances skin with a soft, radiant glow in four naturally blushing shades. A cellular nourishing formula that is long-wearing, but nondrying. May be worn over any foundation, with the exception of powder foundations.

To begin with, this is the most luxuriously packaged blush I've ever come across. I wish I had a picture; but I'll just tell you that the darling little compact comes in its own little silver zippered pouch. So lavish! And of course the blush itself is gorgeous. It's a soft, smooth cream formula that glides on and gives me a pretty, soft peach glow.

Cellular Lip Color Effects in "Firefly Glace"

Blurb: Semi-gloss transparent glaze which helps restore lip plumpness, keeping the lips looking their fullest. Use alone over lip liner for a natural luminous effect or over lip color for a luxurious and glossy effect.

Wow! It's pretty hard for a lip gloss to impress me these days, but this one managed to completely knock my socks off. (Really. My socks are gone.) It's a super sheer gloss with so much serious brilliance, it made my lips look fuller immediately. I wore this to work and got compliments as I walked in the door. If you want to draw serious attention to your pout, this is your no fail way to do it. And because the tint is so sheer, it goes with everything (and also looks fab layered over another color or a lipstain).

La Prairie is available at Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue and the La Prairie website.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment