Saturday, August 1, 2009

Beauty From my Homeland: Juice Beauty

I can’t remember if I mentioned that I’m actually a transplant to the East Coast. I lived in San Francisco before moving east in 2001; so I have a special place in my heart for all the crunchy-granola-organic-earth-friendly- eco-conscious-dude-follow-your-bliss beauty companies in the area. A stellar example (hailing from beautiful Marin County) is Juice Beauty.

Blurb: Juice Beauty is leading the prestige organic movement in the United States and we’re expanding rapidly in Europe and Asia. Our mission is to have the highest efficacy, yet authentically organic skin care products in the world. Juice Beauty has paved the way in organic beauty with our 100% organic juice base. Every drop of our product delivers a high dose of vitamins, nutrients, and powerful antioxidants that help revitalize and protect aging and problem skin.

In addition to some really impressive clinical results, their commitment to organic principles is pretty remarkable. Their products meet strict US (and CA) organic guidelines, and they were one of the first companies to be free of parabens, petroleums, tars and pesticides. They use recycled packaging, utilize solar power, and purchase ingredients only from USDA certified organic farms. And they offer over 60 different effective skincare and body care products – skincare made with antioxidant-rich, organic juice (hence, the name, I’m guessing). They’ve even filed a patent for their unique (100% organic) juice base.

Green Apple Cleansing Gel
Blurb: A brightening hydroxy-acid complex of certified organic, antioxidant-rich apple and lemon juices, purifying botanicals and soothing cleansers to gently remove dull, lifeless skin and refine complexion for radiant, ageless beauty. Pore cleansing. Brightening & refining fruit acids.

This cleanser left my skin feeling tingly and clean without stripping or leaving any residue. It took off all of my makeup, and my skin looked and felt balanced (not dry, not oily). I rarely care about what my cleanser smells like; but I really loved the tart, fruity scent (I’m guessing it’s the apple and lemon going to work).

Antioxidant Serum and Green Apple Antioxidant Serum
Blurb: Use this antioxidant serum and resist gravity with a blend of powerful age-defying DMAE, vitamin antioxidants, alpha lipoic acid, coenzyme Q10, peptides and essential nutrients to rejuvenate, help smooth fine lines and help firm for radiant, ageless skin.

I tried sample sizes of each serum. Both smoothed into my skin and penetrated really quickly. My face felt soothed and calm without any stickiness. The green apple serum contains an added hydroxy-acid complex of certified organic apple, lemon and raw cane sugar.

Hydrating Mist
Blurb: A harmonic blend of certified organic, antioxidant-rich white and red grape juices, soothing aloe vera, nutrient-rich rosehip, grapeseed oil and vitamins to hydrate and balance skin's natural moisture for a fresh complexion. Balances and tones. Hydrates.

This has a very refreshing citrus fragrance (not overpowering). It felt great after cleansing; but I especially loved using it during the day. It’s a perfect hydrating, cooling mid-day spritz. It didn’t seem to clog pores or mess with my makeup – and it also helped with some mid-day oiliness. I’m also thinking this would be fabulous for airplane travel.

Oil Free Moisturizer
Blurb: This lightweight organic oil-free moisturizer blends certified organic white grape and pomegranate juice with soothing aloe vera, vitamin antioxidants and nutrient-rich sea algae to hydrate and quench skin's natural moisture balance for a beautiful matte finish. Lightweight moisturizing. Hydrates and quenches.

In addition to being packed with nutrients and antioxidants; this is moisturizer is oil free. It was very hydrating and soothing, yet it absorbed quickly. My face was completely makeup ready -- I found that I didn’t need to use a foundation primer with this.

This company is absolutely dedicated to combining health, science and sustainability. To find out more, take a look at their website and read a little of the Juice Beauty Story. You can also browse the entire Green Apple Collection and check out some of the great Kits and Gifts.

Happy Saturday!
.

6 comments:

  1. This is why I love your blog!! I've used their blemish/moisturizer before and love it. They make really great products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jennifer! Yeah, I'm pretty amazed at what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using their facial wash and rejuvenating mask
    I enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for telling me, I was kind of curious about that mask!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Juice Beauty!! Have you tried their New Age-Defying Kit! I picked one up at Sephora the other day for a friend, it has ALL my favorite Juice Beauty products in one affordable Kit!

    Their USDA Moisture Concentrate is the most amazing product I have EVER tried (i'm a product junkie) Juice Beauty is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't tried the Age-Defying kit, but I've gotten so many great comments, I'm thinking I may need to do some more JB features!

    ReplyDelete