Monday, August 24, 2009

Bless Yourself! Get some Trish McEvoy Eye Base Essentials (review)

Ah-choo! All this rain, warm weather and general August-ness is bringing about…allergies. Boo! I consider myself lucky to live in a time when there are plenty of drugs for this; but I'd still rather do without the stuffiness, sneezing, itchy eyes and congestion thankyouverymuch.

One of the most annoying things about allergies is waking up with irritated, puffy, red (okay, unattractive) eyes. And since I'm a snooze button junkie, I don't always have time to wait until everything is back to normal before putting on my makeup. But riding to the rescue of my vanity is a little tube of Eye Base Essentials from Trish McEvoy.

Blurb: Just as important as brightening under the eye is brightening and evening out the eyelid. One of Trish's most iconic products, Eye Base Essentials will instantly give you a vibrant, bright-eyed look with the added benefit of ensuring your shadow crease-proof, all-day wear! Water resistant. Crease proof. Dermatologist-tested.

I know this might sound like an extra step; but this is one of the best things you could possibly have around. It evens out and brightens the eyelids perfectly (while managing to look natural and fresh). I use it under shadow, but it also looks great by itself. I dab a little on my lid with the wand, then gently blend with my finger. And presto, my red, irritated eyelids look smooth and fresh. (It dries very quickly, so I recommend doing one eye at a time.) It holds the shadow all day, and it doesn't crease, flake or fade. And since it's water-resistant; a teary-eyed sneezing fit in the middle of the day isn't going to do any damage. Awesome!

You can get your tube via QVC, Saks, Nordstrom, and (of course) the Trish McEvoy website.

Happy Monday!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment