Monday, August 3, 2009

Finding My Inner Badass: Urban Decay Lipsticks (review)

Oooh, I’m all riled up! Some "person" ploughed into my dear little innocent car on Friday night. And after mashing my poor, defenseless compact with his big, mean, evil truck; he just drove away. No note, no nothing. I’m grateful that no people were hurt; but now poor little Sylvia (name of my car) is at the car doctor while I am driving around in a rental cursing some vile hit-and-run-non-note-leaving truck driver.

So what makes this such a great day to discuss lipsticks from Urban Decay? Well, besides their high quality and gorgeous colors; there's always been an extra something about Urban Decay that seems to really fire me up.

Lipstick
Blurb: Leaving no shade unturned, our huge assortment of colors and textures tempt you to stray from an otherwise predicable palette. The luxuriously creamy formula nourishes and protects lips with Vitamins A, C, and E. Hyaluronic Spheres (found naturally in the body) are added to stimulate cellular function, prevent dehydration, and fill-in lines and wrinkles—now, how many Lipsticks can do that?! The teardrop-shape bullet (etched with an Urban Decay logo) is infused with a decadent crème caramel scent and flavor. Yum.

Not your standard Lipstick case, we added more glamour and an Urban twist: Urban Decay Lipstick tubes, made from weighty, purple metal, are pierced with a mini gunmetal dagger. The clear cap is decorated inside and out with two-toned purple flourishes. The effect is multidimensional, and incredibly luxe. Ooh la la.


See? Words like "stray" and "decadent" and "dagger!" This is like, "Hey, I may be wearing vitamin-enriched hydrating lipstick, but I’m a badass! And the packaging…kind of dangerous, kind of tough, kind of “I may have named my car ‘Sylvia,’ but don't cross me – my lipstick has a dagger sticking out of it.”

Badass and beauty together. Urban Decay just may be the only lipstick that can help me work through my hostility issues today and keep my lips supple and attractive. Here are three colors I checked out:

Lovechild – A light, cool pink. This shade somehow manages to be sweet and edgy at the same time. Think Bridgette Bardot. It makes me want to tease my hair, put on lots of eyeliner and look wistfully up at a man in a tuxedo.

Wanted – A warm berry. This is super pretty, romantic and universally flattering. A definite “Kiss me, you fool” color. (Probably best, though, to just think the words “Kiss me, you fool,” rather than actually saying them out loud.)

Trainwreck – A deep fuschia. My favorite. A really saturated shade that also leaves a little stain behind on the lips. Kind of tough, kind of sexy. This one says, “Behave and I'll let you kiss me – I may even give you a ride home.”

I didn’t get to try out Revolution yet, but it looks like a serious contender for the “perfect red.”

I still don’t know why UD gets me so worked up. It’s a cruelty-free line (that even includes Vegan products.) So why does it make me want to go all Mrs. Smith? It’s a mystery. Another mystery is my craving for the Limited Edition Lipstick Cap. Do I need a Limited Edition Lipstick Cap? No. Do I have to have one or I will just die? Yes.

Let’s hope I’m back to my normal, mild-mannered self tomorrow.
.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your car. Someone in a supermarket ran into my little Peggy Sue (My car's name :-p) and I was spitting nails for weeks! It is just plain rude!

    Anyway back to the pretty things! I love these lippy's! Infact I would put the shade Gash up there as one of my top 3 lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gash is awesome! I once got a sample and used every little smidgen because I liked it so much.

    Sorry to hear about your Peggy Sue. Turns out little Sylvia is a total loss. I guess I'm going car shopping soon. :-(

    ReplyDelete