Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stylin on a Saturday: Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen (review)

I am becoming convinced that Carol’s Daughter products can do nothing but completely rock. So far I haven't met one I don't like. And today we’re talking hair care. Short version: my hair is happy. Long version follows…

Khoret Amen Shampoo with Sea Moss

Blurb: Ultra-conditioning sea moss, lavender and nettles breathe new life and vitality into normal-to-dry hair. Essential oils of ylang-ylang, Clary sage, bay leaf, cedarwood and patchouli stimulate the scalp and help bring beautiful shine back to dull manes. Sea moss, a form of Caribbean seaweed renowned for its nutritious and energy-giving properties, softens and conditions. Patchouli rejuvenates cells with anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal properties. Cedarwood helps relieve an itchy scalp. Blended with organic coconut oil and organic aloe vera water.

Khoret Amen Leave-In Conditioner

Blurb: The perfect compliment to Khoret Amen Shampoo with Sea Moss. The essential oils of ylang-ylang, clary sage, bay leaf, cedarwood and patchouli combine to smooth, soften, and detangle hair. Replenishes essential moisture and manageability. Patchouli rejuvenates cells with anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal properties. Cedarwood helps relieve an itchy scalp.

Just so we’re clear: it is before 9am (which btw is morning)…and I have…date hair. That’s right, folks. You know, all soft and shiny and behaving the way it’s supposed to. I do not happen to have a date this morning (that would be weird); but I could have one if I wanted to. My hair looks that good.

Needless to say these two products have done fabulous work. The shampoo removed all the buildup and got the manageability started. It’s hard to describe the fragrance: pungent, earthy, herbal and kind of woodsy. It was strong in the shower, but most of the fragrance faded after I rinsed. The leave-in conditioner is one of the best I’ve tried. It feels light and weightless; but my curly hair is shiny, pretty, soft and tame. Good job, Khoret Amen!

There is an entire Khoret Amen Collection which includes a Hair Smoothie and a Hair Oil. And oh my God, I swear I did not plan this; but the Saturday Morning Special is back in stock (an amazing deal – Khoret Amen Shampoo, the Hair Milk and four other fab hair items)! Check out the website, or places like Sephora, HSN and Macy's.

Happy Saturday!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment