Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Take that TSA! Philip B Travel Care Kit (review)

Remember how I said I was sick of traveling? And I didn’t want to fly on planes anymore? Well, I was wrong because there’s this kit now, this Travel Kit, from Philip B, and I want to travel with it! Why? Because it's awesome. Why? Because it contains travel sizes of four awesome products.

It's hard to believe there was once a sad, dark time when I knew nothing about Philip B. Now I have become his product slave.

Peppermint and Avocado Volumizing & Clarifying Shampoo
Blurb: One of our most acclaimed products, this is a clarifying cleanser and powerfully active aroma-therapeutic scalp treatment in one. Formulated with sixteen pure plant extracts; eleven essential and carrier oils; and a potent, active dose of 2.3% pure Peppermint oil, the shampoo works as a local anesthetic to soothe scalp tension, stimulate circulation, and leave your scalp feeling tingly fresh and clean. Also lifts away product residue -- restoring your hair's natural shine and vitality without without compromising its precious moisture and elasticity. Safe for color-treated hair; ideal for use with our Rejuvenating Oil. Feel the amazing difference on your scalp & hair from the very first use.

This is probably the best clarifier I've ever used. I tried it on a day when my hair was very "product weary," and it got rid of everything without making my hair feel stripped. My hair (and scalp) felt like a “clean slate.” It also tingled like a scalp treatment and smelled like peppermint (my hair still kept just a touch of the peppermint fragrance too).

African Shea Butter Gentle & Conditioning Shampoo

Blurb: Fragrance-free, rich and velvety, yet kind and gentle, PHILIP B® African Shea Butter Gentle & Conditioning Shampoo is a lightweight moisturizing blend of African Shea Butter, Hops, Nettle and Comfrey. Enriched with Panthenol (Vitamin B5), African Shea Butter delivers much-needed moisture to dry, parched hair to strengthen and restore elasticity preventing breakage. A kind formula, with a mild 5.5 pH, that is gentle enough to be used by the whole family. Increases hair’s manageability, moisture, and shine, without weighing hair down. Safe for color-treated hair. Wonderful daily shampoo for all hair types.

From the other end of the spectrum – this shampoo is very rich, creamy and softening. Really good stuff. It's definitely a moisturizing shampoo. It made my hair super soft, but it didn't weight it down. If you're someone with sensitive scalp, or your hair just needs a lot of TLC, this will make you very happy. (It's also fragrance free.)

Light Weight Deep-Conditioning Creme Rinse (paraben free)

Blurb: PHILIP B® Light-Weight Deep-Conditioning Creme Rinse (paraben free formula) is formulated with pure African Shea Butter which provides natural UV protection and has been used for centuries by the natives of the Ivory Coast and Senegal to heal and protect. Leaves a fine seal of pure protein on the hairshaft to volumize, moisturize and detangle the hair without weighing it down.

It's light, but it really conditions! And it completely detangles my curly "morning" hair. I also used it as a hair mask (left in for about 20 minutes), rinsed and got amazing softness. But even with all the softness, it didn't weigh my hair down. My curls still had bounce.

Nordic Wood Hair & Body Shampoo

Blurb: Invigorate your mind and body with the aromatic scent of the clean, fresh, green forests of Scandinavia. Moisturize, tone and condition your hair, scalp & skin with a nurturing one-step product. Philip B® Nordic Wood Hair & Body Shampoo is stimulating and soothing with a pure 6% herbaceous blend of Norwegian Spruce, Balsam Fir, White Pine, Cedarwood and Camphor with Oat extracts, Wheat Amino Acids and Aloe. Invigorates your spirit, while cooling, reviving and refreshing your body and soul.

This is a traveler's dream. You really can use it as both a shampoo and a body wash (and save even more travel space). I have never met a Philip B fragrance I didn't like; but this one blew me away. Pine. Forest. Fresh and woodsy and mountainy. Another plus is that this fragrance would probably appeal to both women and men. It's a fabulous shampoo and an equally fabulous body wash (felt rich and lathery and made my skin soft).

So there, TSA! I scoff at your limits! I laugh at your attempts to control me! I will travel and I...will...feel...PRETTY!

Ahem…even if you’re not traveling, this is a great way to experience some of Philip B’s excellent high quality products. Check it out.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment