Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Goodness – More Goodness! Diana B. Self Tanner (review)

Last month, I reviewed some innovative bath and body products from Diana B. Beauty, and today I'm reviewing Diana B.'s 60 Second Instant Miracle Tan.

Blurb: This totally unique product is designed to make you naturally tan in one minute. Scented with chocolate truffle, using DHA in combination with breakthrough technology produces water activated sugar protein based foam that creates a beautiful sunless tan. Aloe Vera based formula, safe for all skin types, may be used daily.

I was dying to try this! In April, it was featured in O Magazine and InStyle; and I've been reading about it all over the place. Since I don't go out in the sun, I'm always up for anything that might lend a bit of color to my pale, pale legs. This self-tanner had me intrigued because it's so different – it's water-activated. That's right, folks – you use it in the shower on wet skin. Cool!

According to the folks at Diana B., this product is ideally made for people with pale skin (or in my case, flourescent). It gives a soft, golden glow without looking orangey or fake.

This is applied by wetting your skin, stepping away from the shower stream and smoothing the foam from neck to tops of feet (it's not recommended for the face). Use the gloves that come with the tanner. (Oh and FYI, put the gloves on before getting your hands wet – I kind of forgot and had to start over…duh.) After smoothing, remove the gloves and rub arms/legs with the backs of your hands. Wait 60 seconds and rinse (I actually waited a little longer). There are great directions on the can too (in case my explanation is confusing).

After the first application, I got a very subtle golden glow. I applied it another 2 days in a row and ended up with a very nice golden color. I need to stress that this is a subtle tan – you will not look like Malibu Barbie. But you will end up with very pretty natural-looking color. I tried it all over, and found that it worked especially well on my legs (which is a first).

Extra Info: Do all the regular things before starting (cleanse, exfoliate, etc.). Also, be sure to rinse really well. I was a little haphazard the first time and ended up getting tanner on one of my towels (thankfully it comes out in the wash with a little Oxyclean). The mousse is a very dark brown, but it didn't leave any residue in my shower or on my shower curtain.

And my legs no longer glow in the dark!

Check out their website and have a look at all the other goodies (skin care, bath & body, candles…). You can buy their products at sites like beauty.com, SkinStore.com and b~glowing.com.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment