Thursday, July 2, 2009

Spectacular EYE-tems from Urban Decay (review)

Omigodomigodomigodomigodomigod! I am squealing like a 'tween at a Hannah Montana movie! Why? Because, today I am experiencing awesome, fabulous, spectacular EYE-tems (sorry) from Urban Decay.

My blog plans for the summer include lots and lots of stories about eye shadows and liners; and I'm getting started with my rocking stash from UD. But first, a public service announcement:

Let me take a moment to remind you about Urban Decay's Eye shadow Primer Potion. Since every blogger in the universe has given it rave reviews, there’s no need for me to add my rave review. But if you don’t have this primer; I seriously recommend you stop right now, go buy some, then come back and read what I have to say about eye makeup. Because every single thing you put on your eyes will look better and last longer with UDPP.

Okay, end of public service announcement. On with the new stuff!

Cream Eye shadows
Blurb: Cream Shadow channels the sex appeal of the 70’s and the science of today! Whipped to perfection, each shimmering shade dries to a weightless layer of color that will not crease, fade, or hide in fine lines. Unlike most cream shadows, our gel-based formula features silicone technology, allowing time to blend, correct and smudge. Once dry, shadow is light and as flexible as your own skin. The tube is travel-friendly and mess-free. Use the attached flocked applicator to shade the entire lid. Or, get artistic and squeeze Cream right from the tube: you can also apply Cream with your fingertips or your own brushes!

No mere blurb (or blogger) can fully express the goodness of these shadows. The applicator works well (I still like using my brush, though). And I found that applying one coat, letting it dry and then applying another gave the best coverage. These are pretty by themselves and look great layered with other shadows. Once the color sets it doesn't fade, crease, crackle or flake. It does not do anything except sit there and look super hot. I tried "Radium" (an edgy metallic blue), "Grass" (gorgeous true green), and "Midnight Rodeo (an iridescent slightly pink shade). Radium and Grass are beautiful, but I went nuts for Midnight Rodeo. It didn't look like anything special in the tube, but on my eyes, it's shiny, dewy and unexpectedly glamorous.

24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils
Blurb: The best Eye Pencil ever, ever, ever! Never before has a pencil this creamy and brilliant been waterproof, too. Velvety-soft, this never-before-seen formula stays soft and creamy for blending (about 30 seconds), then dries down to a long-lasting finish that WILL NOT budge. Line eyes with a hint of color or go for the full artistic, multi-hued effect with the wide selection of lush tropical hues, deep metallics and unusually vibrant neutrals. Incredible with Urban Decay Eyeshadows! Created with 50% moisturizing ingredients suspended in a sophisticated waterproof formula, 24/7 Eye Pencils offer long-lasting color and a dreamy, creamy feel when applied. With Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E and Cottonseed Oil, these pencils condition skin and stay with you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

I gotta agree with that blurb, there. I have never really paid much attention to pencil eyeliners, but these have completely won me over. The colors are (of course) fabulous and the formula blew me away! It went on softly (no tugging whatsoever) and stayed absolutely put until I washed it off at night. I also tried using my eyeliner brush to apply/blend and loved the results. I even used them to wet line (now I'm not recommending this, I'm just telling you what I did). I tried 3 colors: "Ransom" (a near perfect shade of purple), "Covet" (a deep iridescent green that made my brown eyes pop), and "Rockstar" (a deep eggplant). Ransom and Covet are spectacular; but Rockstar is just damn near amazing! I almost titled this post "I'm in love with a Rockstar" (but that was too much even for me).

Right now I am all about wearing the Midnight Rodeo Shadow with the Rockstar liner. Yah-freaking-hoo!

Ahem…I'll be writing more about Urban Decay during the summer. In the meantime, check out their website for all of their amazing "beauty with an edge" products (and value sets!). You can also find UD at Sephora, Ulta, beauty.com and a whole lot of other stores and beauty sites.
.

4 comments:

  1. Haven't really tried their eye shadows/pencils but I love their eye primer. It's one product that I've NEVER heard or read anything bad about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am so impressed by the pencils - and I am not a pencil person (until now).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to save up some money and try it then. I see their stuff in Sephora but it's kinda pricy. Nice headline too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, J! It is pricey (but I think the pencils will really last)

    ReplyDelete