Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Go Get This: Cover Girl Exact Eye Lights Shadows (review)

Really. These palettes from Cover Girl thoroughly rock. If you have brown eyes, you should just go get one. (I suspect the same is true for those of you with non-brown eyes).

Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Eye Shadow
(The large photo shows the palette for hazel eyes and the small photo is the one I used for my brown eyes.)

Blurb: Each color-coordinated eye shadow collection is expertly designed to bring out your blues, greens, browns and hazels, and define your eyes.

Cover Girl, I am smitten! Flattering, flattering, flattering. I never would have thought of this combination for me (a pale peach, gold, silver and dark shimmering charcoal); but they work together so well! I followed the package directions and applied the lightest color on the lid and up to the brow bone. Then I added the gold in the corners, silver in the crease and lined my eyes with the charcoal. Then I used a bit more of the gold on my lid. I used the big brush (also love this) to apply everything except for the dark liner (used a wet liner brush). The results are fool proof and fabulous, and the overall effect is romantic and elegant. (And did I happen to mention flattering?) For more drama, just layer on more color. I also tried the charcoal as a liner with other shadows (spectacular!) and I also layered the gold over different shadows for extra depth and shimmer. Since the colors in this palette are all neutrals, they go with everything. I really love this combo with red lips (and/or possibly a red outfit).

I also checked out three of the liners. Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Eyeliner
Blurb: Define your eyes beautifully. Whatever your eye color, we've got an eyeliner that's expertly designed to highlight your blues, greens, browns and hazels.

I tried "Radiant Sapphire" (for blue eyes), "Vivid Ruby" (green eyes) and "Majestic Jade" (Hazel). Although they weren't specifically for my eye color, I still liked them a lot. The Jade looked great smudged on my lower lids, the Ruby was very striking and the Sapphire was a pretty, deep blue.

Cover Girl is found at places like Ulta, Walgreens, CVS, duane reade, etc. and on sites like drugstore.com. Check out the whole Exact Collection on their website.
.

5 comments:

  1. OK, I keep hearing and reading good things about these and might have to get it. I have one of their shadows in green and it really makes my eyes pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome. I also like doing a light dusting of the charcoal on my lid with the gold layered over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a coupon so I think I'll try it out. Check out my blog when you get a moment: http://make-upmusicmoneyme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! I love that you have all three together - I just added you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are my three loves right now. Thanks Maria!!

    ReplyDelete