Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Feel Like a Natural Woman: Makeup from Aubrey Organics

The more I check out Aubrey Organics, the more impressed I am. They're organic, earth-friendly and their packaging is environmentally conscious. And their stuff is bee-yoo-tee-ful. I mostly think of them as hair care and skincare, but I've been trying out their makeup and I am sold!

Silken Earth Translucent Base
Blurb: Silken Earth may look like mineral makeup, but it's better! Formulated with rich, nourishing powdered silk and natural colors. Made with sustainable and agricultural ingredients. It's made with silk powder and tapioca and rice starches – all natural, all sustainable. Feather-light, loose base powder blends with your own skin tone to even out color, soften imperfections and give your complexion a healthy glow.

Love this powder. Weightless, translucent and very beautiful. The coverage is light, and the finish is soft and flattering. I didn't look like I was wearing makeup, I just looked like I suddenly had nicer skin.

Silken Earth Powder Blush
Blurb: Silk-based blush and contour powder adds color and contrast where you want it to highlight your best features and brighten your complexion for a soft, natural look. Natural colors made with sustainable and agricultural ingredients.

These are also winners. Very natural looking colors. They are highly pigmented, though, so use sparingly. "Honey Bronze" gave me a nice burnished glow and "Warmed Rose" looked like a gorgeous flush on my cheeks. The big surprise was "Starlight Pink." I thought it would be too pale, but instead it was a feminine, glowy pink that would probably go with everything.

Natural Lips Sheer Tint
Blurb: We'll give you something to smile about. Eight sheer, natural shades from cool and sophisticated to light and playful. Sheer lip tint adds gloss and soft, translucent color to your lips and smoothes and conditions with organic shea butter and other rich emollients.

These are super kind to my lips and I love the way they look. They're very sheer and have a medium shine. And they made my lips look yummy and natural. I loved "Mocha Pearl" (a sheer pearly brown) and "Rose Nacre" (a pearly rose/pink), but my absolute favorite was "Ruby Frost" – a sheer berry that totally flatters my complexion and leaves a little color behind when the shine is gone.

Aubrey Organics makeup delivers a beautiful, flattering look with quality ingredients. If you're looking for a glitzy, club-girl look, this isn't it. But it is a lovely, natural, nourishing line that puts the focus on you.

I also tried out three Treat 'Em Right Lip Balms (Spearmint, Raspberry, Honey & Vanilla). These arrived after my random lip balm post last week; otherwise I probably would have included the Honey & Vanilla. It was my favorite, but all three smelled great and made my lips really soft. (They're made with Rosa Mosqueta® oil which softens and protects.)
Aubrey Organics products are available on their website and health food stores across the country (e.g. Whole Foods).
.

No comments:

Post a Comment