Thursday, July 16, 2009

Eye Feel Pretty...At the Drugstore: Rimmel London (review)

I keep trying things from Rimmel London and I keep liking them. Besides being budget friendly and incredibly hip; there's always some new cute innovative thing that I just want to pluck off the shelf and take home. Recently I tried out some seriously bag-worthy items. Please read on…

Color Rush Trio Eye Shadows:
Blurb: Fine light weight powder formulation glides on to lids. Contains jojoba oil, Vitamin E and lanolin to moisturize and nourish. Available in Trio and Quad color palettes for endless mix and matchable options.

Okay, first, these palettes are just so little and adorable! And the shadows: very sheer, pretty and fresh. Great for every day when you want color, but need to keep it understated. I tried three color sets. "Tempting" (a set of greens) really worked with my brown eyes. "Maritime" (blues) were pretty and flattering, and a hint of grey kept the colors from being too cutesy. Fever (violets) was my favorite. I loved it with my dark eyes and hair, and I also think it would be killer on someone with blond hair and fair skin. These colors are very sheer, but I also got more saturated color by applying them wet.

Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer
Blurb: Blendable liner that exaggerates eyes for a bold, strong effect. Built-in smudger and mechanical sharpener. Available in 6 summer shades.

The liners are another example of Rimmel’s extremely user-friendly packaging. Each liner has a sharpener and smudger securely attached. So perfect for your bag (because maybe you don’t feel like having a sharpener rolling around getting everything all smudgy). The definers also have nice small points – very easy to get close to the lash line.
"Emerald Sparkle" - love this color. It’s an iridescent teal/emerald green that reminded me of mermaids. I tried it with the greens, but I’m thinking of pairing it with the blues next time. "Purple Shock" - this color really pops. It's kind of a plumy lavender – extremely cool.

Both the liners and the shadows had great staying power. They lasted through really long, hot, humid days, and I even rubbed my eyes a few times. Everything stayed right where I put it, until it was time for…

Gentle Eye Makeup Remover
Blurb: Clear, fluid formula that gently and effortlessly removes all types of eye makeup. Enriched with moisturizers and pro-vitamin B5. Helps calm and soothe the delicate eye area. Oil-free, suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Dermatologically and Ophthalmologically tested.

This does a great job! It completely removed the shadow, liner and mascara with a few gentle wipes. It worked so well, I may try using it to remove my stage makeup. I also appreciated the handy flip top.

Rimmel London can be found in drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, duane reade, etc. and on sites like drugstore.com. Also, check out their website to see all the other cool stuff, and enter to win a tube of their fab Sexy Curves Mascara (which I reviewed back in April).
.

1 comment:

  1. One of the best affordable primers, it runs smoothly. Which blurs the pores. Removes shine from face. To get more information best online pharmacy in USA from buy prescription drugs online.

    ReplyDelete