Wednesday, July 8, 2009

More eyeliner talk: Stila

Yes indeed. We're back to my favorite subject – eye liner. (sigh.)

And today it's all about some of the many liner options from Stila. You know, sometimes I think I could spend my days just working my way through the eyeliners of every major brand and be perfectly happy. But then there's lipstick, and bath and body, and…Ok, never mind – let's get started!

Liquid Eye Liner (Black)
Blurb: Stila's new Liquid Eye Liner is the perfect tool for precise and professional liner application. Housed in a palm-sized tube that allows for ultimate handling and control, the formula is water-based, yet water-resistant, and glides on smoothly through a tapered applicator. No skipping, pulling, or smudging! Available in rich black, you'll be amazed by your new sultry style.

I'm starting with this because I think black liquid liner is probably the one item every eye liner aficionado needs. And Stila's is exactly what it is supposed to be and does exactly what it’s supposed to do. It's probably also my favorite liquid liner packaging. Easy to use, compact, portable and the brush is perfect for making a 60’s girl-group cat’s eye, or getting that tiniest, thinnest of lines right up against the lash line. And the color is just the right deep, inky black.

Kajal Eye Liner
Blurb: These richly hued pencils are formulated to mimic the ultra-soft texture of the Indian eye darkener of the same name. The luscious formula glides on perfectly, without dragging across the fragile skin of the eye area. Delivers bold, clear, true color that easily blends and beautifies.

I could not believe how soft these pencils were. They feel downright creamy. And the pigment is very deep and rich – the most saturated color of any liner I’ve tried. What worked best for me was applying the pencil and then using an eyeliner brush to smooth and blend. (I got the precision of the pencil and the smoothness of a brush applicaton.)

The "Onyx" liner is the absolute blackest black of total blackness (it's really, really black). The "Topaz" liner was very unusual. It’s a pale apricot that looked pretty cool against my dark eyes. I tried tight lining with this one for that wide-eyed effect (again, I’m not recommending – just reporting); and I thought it looked a lot more subtle than tight lining with white.

Smudge Pots
Blurb: The verdict is in, and smudge pots take the prize for sexy eyes! This unique gel eyeliner and shadow is an innovative alternative to traditional powder and liquid formulas. This clever little gel has an inky intensity that leaves powder shadows in the dust. A favorite for the sultry, smoky eye. Apply with a liner brush for razor-sharp precision or smudge it with your fingers for more complete coverage. Remember to always close the airtight lid to keep the gel soft and pliable.

Oh how I love Smudge Pots! They go on like buttah! Buttah, I tell you! Smooth, creamy, multi-colored butter. And if you want a really FIERCE look, you can brush them on your lids as a stunning (stunning!) cream shadow. And once they set, they are SET.

Bronze – I don’t know how I waited this long to mention the bronze smudge pot. It's the first Stila liner I ever tried and it's one of my everyday, go-to items. I get so many compliments when I wear this. It’s the perfect go-with-everything-without-being-boring shade. It's got sparkle, it's got sass, yet it's still soft and flattering.

Gray – Another good all-the-time shade. Sophisticated, universally flattering, and moves easily from day to evening. It's not as in-your-face as black, but it still makes a statement.

Brown – Everyone needs a good brown liner and this just the right shade of chocolate. Also looks great as a shadow.

Jade – A shimmering olive green with gold/copper flecks. This one really surprised me. I looooove this color. Exotic, striking and very beautiful. As a liner it was gorgeous, and as a shadow it was amazing!

Golden Noire Smudge Pot – NEW! I have been pining for this and it absolutely lived up to my expectations! A soft black with flashes of gold. Just enough flash to be exciting and interesting. Really beautiful and seductive. Use this for instant sultry bedroom eyes. And if you really want to go all the way there, use it as a crazy, fierce black cream shadow. Do it! I dare you.

So I'm done for the moment, but I have more planned for the summer. Will I be discussing more Stila? Oh yes, indeed! Will I be discussing more eyeliners? You betcha!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment