Tuesday, July 14, 2009

LORAC Summer 2009 Collection (review)

A few weeks ago I got all googly-eyed over the VIP discounts at LORAC. (you would too – these are some mighty fine deals.). And today, I'm all googly-eyed over LORAC's Summer 2009 Collection.

TANtalizer Baked Bronzer
Blurb: Baked on terra cotta, this silky-smooth, luminous bronzing powder keeps you looking bronze and beautiful long after the sun has set and the cameras have gone. Swirling sun-kissed shades deliver Red Carpet radiance in an instant. Extend the summer with this all-in-one compact containing a bronzer in the top compartment and a brush and mirror in the lower compartment.

This was really fun for me. I haven't tried many bronzers, so it's great to get a good one right off the bat. I loved the packaging – it comes with its own cool little brush and mirror. The brush worked well (for more coverage, I used my trusty kabuki brush). I tried this on my cheeks, shoulders, collarbone, legs and arms, and got a really nice subtle, burnished glow.

Baked Matte Satin Blush in “Exposed”
Blurb: LORAC’s Baked Matte Satin Blushes are silky-smooth, long-wearing, highly pigmented and blend easily and evenly for natural, Red Carpet Radiance. Look fresh and fabulous all day with LORAC’s Baked Matte Satin Blushes!

Love this blush! It's highly pigmented (so use sparingly), and it gave me a golden pink/peachy flush with no shimmer or sparkle. It looked exactly like I'd gotten a little extra sun on my cheeks.

Baked Matte Satin Eye Shadows
Blurb: Easy to blend and easy to wear, LORAC’s Baked Matte Satin Eye Shadows are richly pigmented, long-wearing, and silky-smooth. Create countless award show looks with these concentrated, pure matte satin shades that can be used wet or dry according to the intensity you desire.

Two unexpected colors, "Posh" (pale peach) and "Chic" (a sheer white), were pretty as highlighters and "Posh" made a lovely pale shadow. On the flip side, "Insider" (shown) is a gorgeous hot, smoky, blue. I loved this as a shadow (dry) and loved it more as a liner (wet). It's an awesome bad girl color. At least once, we should all wear it with a big pair of hoop earrings and way too much mascara.

This whole collection reminded me of hot summer days, bright blue skies and "Thelma and Louise." And while my plans don't include driving off of any cliffs; I am seriously considering putting on a big pair of sunglasses, removing them and squinting meaningfully (and attractively) into the horizon.

P.S. The collection also includes another bronzer: TANtalizer Baked Matte Satin Bronzer.

P.P.S. To see more Googly Eyes, check out Googly Eye Watch (yes, it's a real blog).
.

No comments:

Post a Comment