Saturday, July 11, 2009

Now why didn't you think of that? Brini Maxwell and Avon

Yes, this Saturday I’m quoting that Forever-Fabulous-Queen-of-Everything-That-is-Right-With-America, Brini Maxwell. I first saw Brini Maxwell (aka Ben Sander) when the show aired on the Style Network a few years back. Why it had such a short run, I will never know. Brini and her sheer amazingness are forever embossed onto my memory and decoupaged upon my heart.

For those of you who have not had the unique and soul satisfying pleasure of experiencing La Maxwell, here is a quick video.






Kind of like “That Girl” meets Martha Stewart (only several million times cooler). Brini is the cool, stylish, unflappable creative diva goddess genius that I wish I could channel at a moment’s notice. Right now, my refrigerator is unattractive and disorganized. What would Brini suggest? The window insulation around my air conditioner is being pecked away from the outside by a bird. Brini would know just what to do! And it would have panache.

And now for a really contrived beauty segue way…

One thing I know Brini would approve of is this nifty package of Avon ANEW CLINICAL Advanced Retexturizing Peel Pads.
Blurb: The at-home answer to chemical peels. Now, in 1 easy step! No appointment necessary. The advanced exfoliator safely retexturizes and resurfaces skin. Formulated with soothing botanicals that help nourish and calm skin. Peels away dullness and visible age damage so healthier skin cells can surface.

This is about the handiest glycolic product I’ve come across. Great for those of us who swear by regular exfoliation to help with breakouts and keep skin looking vibrant. Just take out a pad and swipe it across your face (or use as a spot treatment). That’s it – super easy!

The formula is very potent, so I would definitely test out a small spot to see if you’re sensitive. And start by using sparingly (I never used this more often than every other day). I experienced the tingling feeling described; but other than that initial tingling, my skin felt fine. And it worked really well as a spot treatment on a couple of little “areas.” Handy and homey – Avon did think of that!

For those of you wanting to check this out, it’s available on the Avon website (or from an Avon representative).

And for those of you wanting to check out more Brini Maxwell, you can find her all over the web, including her website. You can even shop the Brini way at Felix Populi. And now, for more happy Saturday viewing, here’s another video with highlights from her show:

No comments:

Post a Comment