Saturday, July 25, 2009

Carry These Around All Summer: Rodial Glam Balm Wipes (review)

I’m just starting to learn about Rodial. Believe me, there’s a whole lot to learn. Besides the celebrity picks all over the place (Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johannson, SJP, etc.), there’s a vast array of products (ranging from Boob Job and Tummy Tuck to Brazillian Tan and Skinny Beach). I think their most well known product is their multi-purpose Glam Balm.

Blurb: Rodial skincare delivers targeted treatments to specific skin concerns combining the best of anti-ageing and firming ingredients. In the age of chemical peels and cosmetic surgery, Rodial has captured nature's power by creating a range of super-effective skincare. By combining Rodial laboratory's scientific expertise and clinical testing with our unique knowledge of natural skin treatments, we bring you the ultimate in skincare.

I started out with their Glam Balm Wipes.
Blurb: The Rodial glam balm wipes are ideal for delicately removing all traces of makeup from the face, lips and around the eyes. Natural, luxurious and paraben-free. The special formulation is enriched with natural bisabolol, vitamin E, provitamin B5 and chamomile extracts which give these wipes their protective and moisturizing properties. Opthalmologically tested, suitable for even the most delicate skin types.

So why did I head straight for the Wipes instead of “Boob Job?” Well because I really, really need to remove my makeup (and I’m not really in need of a boob job…yet). My other eye makeup remover (plain olive oil) is definitely not for everyone. It works, but it’s messy, high-maintenance, inconvenient and requires a refrigerator (which is why I haven’t posted about it). So I am always on the lookout for convenient effective removers.

And I found one. These rock. The formula is gentle, effective and moisturizing. The cloths (25) are super soft and sturdy. One towelette is enough to remove all of my makeup. And the packaging: a convenient re-sealable foil (very glam) pouch. These are perfect for every day, travel, the beach, etc. The only way to make these more “glam” and convenient would be to hand one to the cabana boy and ask him to remove your makeup.

Okay, I’m digressing. Rodial is available on the website, Henri Bendel, Fred Segal and beauty.com.

Have a great weekend!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment