Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy Pretty Saturday Morning: RSF Skincare (review)

Yes, I know that morning is officially over. But I’ve been running low on sleep all week and slept waaay in today – so to me, it feels like morning. And now that I’ve over informed you about my sleep habits, let’s get to the beauty business at hand…

I recently got introduced to some cool Age Management Skincare from RSF Pharmaceuticals. There is some serious science going on at RSF, and I’ve been really curious to try out some of their stuff.

Company Blurb: You'll always remember the moment your skin changed forever. Most skincare lines that boast about their ingredients actually contain very low concentrations of anti-aging ingredients due to the high costs associated with producing these products. Minimal amounts of these ingredients are often added for marketing purposes only. The RSF SKINCARE products are infused with concentrations of ingredients that have been tested and proven in studies to have beneficial effects on the skin.

I’m paraphrasing from of what I’ve read, but it seems that RSF is all about science-based skincare. They feature quality ingredients without fillers or harsh chemicals. They’ve taken a medical approach to age-management and created customized skincare with a really dense concentration of peptides and nutrients. All this is meant to nourish, hydrate, restore elasticity, etc. Nice.

Stretch Mark Cream
Blurb: RSF Stretch Mark Cream invigorates the cell regeneration process occurring within the skin to manufacture optimal visible change on dermal scarring while simultaneously thickening the epidermal layer to regulate the skin's surface and diminish the appearance of stretch marks.

So I have a “few” places where I “might” have a stretch mark (or two) because I just maybe perhaps possibly at some point might have gained a pound (or two). (Of course, I’m sure you have no idea what I’m talking about.). So I used this for a few days on these “areas.” Since it was a small sample, I don’t know what the long term results would be, but I do know that my skin loved this cream. It was soothing, hydrating and had a cool minty fragrance.

Anti-Wrinkle Cream
Blurb: The elevated measure of peptides within the RSF Anti-Wrinkle Cream is formulated to aid in the prevention of premature aging in the delicate area surrounding the eyes, face and neck. Daily use of these products is proven to slow the effects of aging and reduce the appearance of wrinkles all while softening and moisturizing the skin.

Again, this was a small sample, so I can’t gauge the long term effects; but my skin just drank this cream up. It’s rich and velvety without being heavy or greasy. It made my skin look dewy and smooth; and in the morning, my skin felt soft and balanced.

Eye Serum
Blurb: RSF Eye Serum contains the highest concentration of peptides, vitamins and oxygenating factors to stimulate the production of skin-forming fibers, collagen and elastin at the cellular level. The RSF Eye Serum contains an intensity of peptides at 50%, compared to competitor products that boast “17% potent peptide” concentrations.

This eye serum is yummy. It’s been a good week to put it to the test because (as mentioned above) I’ve been operating on less than optimal amounts of sleep. Normally, this translates into bags, dark circles and general unattractiveness in the eye area. Now I won’t say that the serum completely replaced my 40 winks; but my eyes definitely looked a whole lot better than they had a right to – and I suspect that this serum may have had played a part in that. It feels soothing and luxurious, and absorbs almost immediately. I applied it morning and night and it kept my eye area thoroughly refreshed and hydrated. I even patted on a little extra before going out one night and noticed that I got a freshening “boost.”

The line also includes a very impressive looking Caviar Daily Cream. Check out their website. There’s tons more information about their products, ingredients, formulations and test results. There’s even a video of real time results on a client.

Enjoy your weekend!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment