Friday, June 18, 2010

Hair Care Friday: Ojon Shine and Protect Shampoo, Conditioner and Glossing Mist (review)

Another weekend is here! I have a zillion errands to run, and then I'm going home to concoct a "theme" dessert for a party. This will end with me either proudly displaying my work, or running to the store at the last minute for a cake. Whatever the outcome, tonight I get to have fun playing junior scientist in the kitchen.

As for my other experiment (the growing out my hair after almost a decade), it's going pretty well. And lately I've been assisted by three completely fabulous items from Ojon.

Shine & Protect Shampoo

Blurb: Fortified with exclusive Ojon® oil, an ancient native secret to naturally beautiful hair from Central America’s Tawira tribe, known as “the people of beautiful hair.™” Part of the Ojon® Shine & Protect ritual, this shampoo is formulated with plant-based cleansing agents that provide a high-gloss shine to color-treated and natural hair. Enriched with exclusive Ojon® oil and a blend of Mandarin Orange, Papaya, Lime and Almond extracts, Broccoli Seed oil and Vitamin E, this ritual helps protect hair while giving hair brighter, more vivid color.

Shine & Protect Conditioner

Blurb: Part of the Ojon® Shine & Protect ritual, this conditioner is formulated to detangle color-treated and natural hair while providing a high-gloss shine. Enriched with exclusive Ojon® oil and a blend of Mandarin Orange, Papaya, Lime and Almond extracts, Broccoli Seed oil and Vitamin E, this ritual helps protect hair while giving hair brighter, more vivid color.

Shine & Protect Glossing Mist

Blurb: Ojon® Glossing Mist is a lightweight mist of pure shine that leaves a high-gloss finish. Enriched with exclusive Ojon® oil, Broccoli Seed, Wheat Germ and Sweet Almond oils, just 2 to 3 pumps helps protect while giving brighter, more vivid color.

My hair has been amazing while using these! Just plain amazing!

Some of the challenges of curly, color treated hair are keeping it conditioned and protecting the color. Another challenge is getting it to look healthy and shiny when I perform various hairdo "experiments." All three of these products performed beautifully.

First…I'm absolutely crazy about the Shampoo. I know shampoo isn't always the most exciting product; but this one blew me away. I'd taken another long ride in my friend's car with the top down. I had also forgotten to tie my hair back, so it was a tangled mess by the end of the day. I used this shampoo, and it completely dissolved every tangle. I was able to glide a comb through it before using any conditioner. It also set the stage for the other products to work. The Conditioner was light; but it conditioned and softened my hair without weighing it down. And in the mornings (when I re-wet my bed-head hair), it did an excellent job of detangling. The Mist was the finishing touch. A tiny (tiny!!) bit was all I needed. It gave an extra shine boost to my curls, and it was spectacular after I used my flat iron. (It worked best when I spritzed it on my hands and then worked it through my hair.) All three products worked well together to give me silky, soft hair with tons of shine! Yay!

Before I head off to play Betty Crocker, it's time for me to steer you towards the website (right now in the special offers section, you'll receive a bonus Animated Styling Cream if you try the NEW Volumizing 2-minute hair mask). Ojon is also available at Sephora, Ulta and Nordstrom (or you can check the where to buy section for local shops and salons).

Have a great weekend!
.
(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

1 comment:

  1. Nice Post. Thanks for sharing the information about the product. Harshini Bhringraj-Almond shampoo is blended with high quality premium ingredients which provides magnificent benefits for hair .It activates the hair follicles, resulting in increased hair growth and maintaining the natural colour of hair.
    Hair Growth Almond shampoo

    ReplyDelete