Friday, June 11, 2010

Hair Care Friday: Alterna Hemp Shine and Texturizing Catalyst (review)

Yay – it's Friday! Again! I'm spending the weekend in New York with my dear friend, and I can't wait. I suspect there will be a great deal of girl talk. But before I zip off, let me introduce you to my new blowout buddy from Alterna.


Hemp Shine and Texturizing Catalyst

Blurb: Shine and Texturizing Catalyst smoothes and conditions the hair cuticle for weightless, brilliant shine. Just a small amount before blow-drying increases manageability, eliminates static and maintains volume, leaving hair soft and shiny.

A while back I picked up a few Alterna items and have been trying them out. I loved the way their Color Hold Repair Gloss worked with the flat iron, so I was really excited to try a blowout using the Catalyst.

Excellent! This is truly the product to have for your blowout. It smooths, de-frizzes, and adds tons of natural-looking (non-greasy) shine without weighing hair down. The bottle suggests a quarter-sized amount, but I added extra to the ends. I couldn't believe how well it worked! My hair was shiny, manageable and soft – without using a leave-in conditioner. And best of all, I got (unsolicited) compliments all day at work. A+!

Alterna seems to have a product for every possible hair need. Check out the website (especially the interactive Style Lounge, and Buzz sections.) Alterna can be found at Salons, and online at Beauty.com, and HairCareUSA.com.
.
(ftc disclosure: purchased myself)

2 comments: