Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Eye Feel Much Better: Lancôme Paris Color Design Shadows (review)

I wanted to talk about these shadows yesterday, but my brain refused to cooperate. Well, today is a lot more sane – thank goodness! So let's get to it…today's beauty fun is from Lancôme Paris.

Color Design Sensational Effects Eye Shadow

Blurb: Build a wardrobe of sensational eye color! The possibilities are endless with this truly versatile range of hues designed by Lancôme Global makeup artists. Formulated with exclusive Micro-Air technology for ultimate smoothness and blendability. Long-lasting color glides on effortlessly. Available in a chic palette of multiple shades in five finishes: dazzling Metallics, twinkling Shimmers, soft, illuminating Sheens, pigment-packed Intense shades and color-rich Mattes.

A while back, Lancôme was offering an awesome GWP that included two shadow quads. Needless to day, I snapped it up.

For some reason, I've only reviewed Lancome once - that will be remedied (I came home with a lot more than eye shadow). But I should have written about their shadows long ago. Lancôme shadows have been some of my all time favorites since I started wearing makeup. (My mom bought Lancôme, and I used to sneak into her beauty stash play with her stuff.) My friends and I also did the "teen beauty counter thing" at the mall (stopping at all the beauty counters to "pretty up"). Wait…I kind of still do that.

Anyway, as far back as I can remember, these shadows have always found their way to my eyelids. Mainly because they're excellent. Long before any of the flashy newfangled brands (which I also love) came along; Lancôme was making high-quality, velvety shadows in fabulous colors. And they're still doing it. The shadows glide on like silk, blend easily and have unmatched staying power.

Warm Tones:

Cool Tones:

I tried my best to show you how the quads complemented each other. There wasn't a single one of these shades that I didn't love. The standout from the Warm Tones was the shimmery "Bikini Golden" (a pale, shimmery gold). I love it because it's both glamorous and neutral. My absolute favorite, though, came from the Cool Tones quad. "Luring" is one of the coolest colors I've stumbled across in a while. The computer screen won't give you the full effect, but it's a pale, shimmery grey-blue with flecks of lilac. It's fantastic – it looks amazing by itself as well as layered over blues, purples, browns, pinks and golds. Both of the darker colors in each of the quads made excellent contouring shades and liners (I love to use the same shade to contour and line).

Happily, all 8 colors in the quads are carried in their regular lineup. And there are over 50 Color Design shades to choose from. There's a swatch display on the website, and you can also check out the best sellers or visit the beauty school page. Much as I like the website, though, I suggest you mosey on over to a makeup counter at a nice department store (or Sephora) for a little "pretty up" time.
.
(ftc disclosure: received as a gift with purchase)

No comments:

Post a Comment