Monday, June 7, 2010

Good Stuff: N.Y.C Quick Dry Nail Polish (review)

First…a shout out to the Good Samaritan who helped me on Saturday! I pulled into a mall parking lot; and while turning a corner, I did that dorky hitting-the-curb thing. Not only was it embarassing, it instantly flattened my tire. I got out of my air-conditioned car, stood there in the sweltering parking lot, stared at my mangled tire, and figured my afternoon would be spent waiting for the Auto Club (yes, that’s correct – I don’t know how to change a tire). But instead of punishing me for my lack of automotive skills, The Universe sent help. A nice man stepped out from between the cars, saw my situation and offered to put the spare on.

How awesome is that??? It took him about 15 minutes. I thanked him profusely, and asked him if there was anything I could do; but he said nothing in return was necessary – he was glad to help. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Since he wouldn’t let me repay him for such a huge favor; I decided to make an extra effort to help someone else out this week. So now I’m on the lookout for opportunities.

Of course this has absolutely nothing to do with nail polish. But when did that ever stop me? (Answer: never) All I can tell you is that once I finished everything; I came home, took off my old nail polish and reached for a pristine unopened bottle of polish from N.Y.C. (New York Color) Cosmetics.

In a New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish (in Orange Creamsicle)

This fabulous photo (as well as some great blogging) can be found at Nouveau Cheap

Blurb: Get a manicure in a minute! Quick drying formula with minerals! Features cutting edge shades with high impact shine. Infused with high levels of pigment for brilliant color & a touch of shimmer for dramatic depth and shine.

“Orange Creamsicle” (yum) is the color on the right. The one on the left is “Magenta Flash.” They're from NYC’s "Shock Value" collection (a limited edition spring collection). I chose “Creamsicle” because I needed something bright and fresh to counteract my tiredness. It was exactly what I needed to perk me up: a creamy, bright, yummy orange that cheered up my fingers and toes.

I put this on for the color, and then discovered that the formula is excellent!! It went on beautifully, dried quickly and had a gorgeous glossy shine. And I can’t believe how well it’s wearing! My nails are a bit on the long side right now. But I spent a day at work with the usual typing, paper shuffling and handling of manicure-ruining items; and I can’t see any tip wear at all. And this is without a top coat. It looks like I happened on another fabulous drugstore find!

If you can’t find “Orange Creamsicle,” there are 24 other yummy shades for you to try. The whole collection is on the website. (The site also has a cool Dare to Compare section). N.Y.C. can also be found at Supermarkets, drugstores and places like Ulta, Target, and Walmart. (Check the Where To Buy section for more locations.)
.
(ftc disclosure: received as a sample)

No comments:

Post a Comment