Thursday, June 17, 2010

Holding Up: Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation (review)

I'm more than a little sleepy today. On the way home last night, I wasn't paying attention and got on the wrong highway. By the time I finally realized what I'd done, I had added over an hour to my travel time. So I'm kind of droopy.

Cheesy tie-in: But even though I'm fading fast; my foundation has tons of staying power. Thanks to Bobbi Brown.

Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation (SPF 15)

Blurb: Oil-free, all-day wear so you’ll have soft-matte, even-looking skin without having to pile on powder throughout the day, this is Bobbi’s soft-matte “sequel” to our (now discontinued) Oil-Free Finish Foundation. Sponge-like powders absorb excess oil on the surface of the skin, while emollients lock in moisture to ensure skin remains perfectly balanced. Transfer-resistant formula helps create a barrier against heat and humidity for 8 hours of wear so makeup stays in place. Perfect for oily and normal/combination skin.

I went to an awesome Bobbi Brown event in early May, and got introduced to all kinds of gorgeous products. One of them was this Foundation. I really loved the way it looked, so I took a bottle home.

I'm so glad I did - this a really special foundation! It's a natural, fresh look paired with serious staying power. It gives medium coverage (which is somewhat buildable) and dries to a weightless, velvety, semi-matte finish. When I saw how my skin looked, I was really pleased; but I wasn't sure if it would last. Well it did. It stayed put all day and even kept my oiliness at bay. There was no color change, and very little shine. I've even tried this without using powder to set, and gotten almost the same great results!

Right now, the website is offering three generously sized minis with any purchase at checkout (until midnight tonight or while supplies last). Check out some of the Online Exclusives (and get free shipping with a $65 order). Bobbi Brown is also available at bloomingdales, Nordstrom and Blue Mercury.
.
(ftc disclosure: purchased myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment