Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hair Care Friday…um…Saturday: LUSH Godiva Shampoo Bar & Retread Conditioner (review)

Sorry I'm a day behind – for some reason Google Blogger was down every time I wanted to post. It was kind of annoying, but pretty mild for Friday the 13th.

Anyway, I’m going to get right to it. I have some thoroughly fab haircare from the folks at LUSH.

Godiva Shampoo Bar

Blurb: Give your hair the moisturizing boost it needs with softening, conditioning butters. Your hair will be left so beautiful no one would notice you were riding the streets naked. It's a two-in-one shampoo and conditioner that's now completely vegan. It creates a richer feel to the lather when you wash your hair. Smoothing, shine inducing camellia oil makes hair manageable.

Retread Conditioner

Blurb: Triple strength conditioner for extra softness. As with so many LUSH products, Retread appears to resemble a cholesterol-laden pudding. It is scented with violets and oranges with a hint of sensual musk. Retread is a super-smoothing cream with seaweed, yoghurt, cantaloupe melon and jojoba oil to give seriously sad hair its shine back. Use it when your hair is feeling rough, harsh and wrecked. Retread will restore its sanity and get it under control.

In the interest of honest blogging, I need to disclose that I love LUSH. I love the whole bohemian vibe. And I especially love a big earth-friendly company that produces quality handmade products in small batches. But even if you didn’t know about the whole bohemian, earth-friendly, handmade thing; once you set foot in a LUSH store, you’d be in love too. Everything I’ve ever tried has been a pampering, yummy and/or thoroughly sensual experience. Including these two items.

First…the Shampoo Bar. It smells incredible. Really. I’m used to things from LUSH smelling great, but this was an amazing scent. When I washed my hair at the gym, I overheard someone else remark on the great smell. This happened twice in about 15 minutes. It also cleaned my hair well with a nice conditioning lather, but I barely noticed. I was swooning over the fragrance.

The conditioner has a much less pronounced fragrance (and it’s kind of unusual); but it may be my curls’ new best friend. It’s sulfate free, so it had relatively little slip when I applied it (it detangled well, though). And after I rinsed and dried my hair, it was noticeably softer and my curls sprang to life. There was a definite lack of frizz, yet my hair had more volume. I’ve never come across a conditioner like this, and it’s absolutely awesome!

Right now, I’m eyeing the Flying Fox Shower Gel, so I’m planning to wander over to a LUSH store and check it out as soon as I get the chance. If you don’t live near a LUSH store, check out the website. See what’s new, then sign up to receive a catalogue. And don’t leave before visiting the Retro section (a selection of specially recreated products from LUSH’s past).

And since we’re being all bohemian and happy, here’s an extra treat for your weekend. Enjoy this brilliant little spoof!



(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

No comments:

Post a Comment