Monday, May 16, 2011

Hey, My Eyes Are Up Here: jane iredale Mystikol™ Eyeliner (review)

Happy Monday, everyone! Mine went by way too quickly...but at least there’s another one coming up. And just to make the days a little special, I’ve decided to use a different eyeliner color every day. Each one is from jane iredale.

Mystikol™ Powdered Eyeliner

Blurb: A totally new kind of eyeliner and highlighter that creates definition around the eye for a soft, smoky eye effect. A creamy powder formula that won't fade, crease or smear. Hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested and always formulated with exclusive skin care ingredients, Mystikol™ is safe for even the most sensitive eyes.

Malachite: A sparkling moss (with beige)
Amethyst: Royal purple (with pearl)
Dark Topaz: Rich brown (with rose)
Lapis Lazuli: Vibrant blue (with ivory)
Citrine (Spring 2011): A shimmering combination of ochre and metallic bronze (with gold)
Onyx: Otherworldly black (with pearl)
Aquamarine (Spring 2011): A cool swim through tropical blue waters (with rose)

I’ve never tried liners like these, and I wasn’t sure what to expect. I was so happy to discover that they were luxurious, different, and really cool. One end holds a subtle highlighter, and the other end contains the liner. I unscrewed the caps, and noticed that the sponge applicators had little springs. (This forces the applicator into the powder when closed, but keeps the powder from spilling out. Very nice.)

Of course it takes more than great packaging to impress an eyeliner junkie – but impressed I was. The formula is a finely milled, silky, highly saturated powder. The sponge applicator is thicker than most liner brushes; and the result is a beautiful, bold line. It was so satisfying. With one swipe, I got a velvety swoosh of really gorgeous, striking color. I used a lighter hand on the bottom lid, and found that if I just touched the tip right up against the lash line, I got a lovely effect. The liner was also very smudgeable, and had great staying power (I did make sure to use a primer, though).

These liners are incredibly easy to use, and they deliver gorgeous dramatic results. The colors are rich and beautiful; and the packaging is not only tidy, but very portable. The picture shows the original five colors; but my two favorites are “Citrine” and “Aquamarine” from the Spring 2011 collection.

Check out the website for more gorgeous items. There’s a handy (and pretty) Follow That Look section, and a page listing the brand’s numerous awards. And if you want to see these colors in person, check out where to buy section.

(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

2 comments:

  1. im such a eyeliner fanatic. I love eyeliner and mascara too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I just read about your love for black eyeliner! :)

    ReplyDelete