Thursday, May 5, 2011

Doubles Thursday #1: Lavera Liquid Eyeliner and Kajal Eyeliner (review)

Not only is it “Doubles Thursday,” it’s also Cinco de Mayo. The Mexican side of me knows it should be saying “¡olé!” The party-pooper side of me, however, is not so quick with the cheer. I’m superstitious about this day. Whenever I’ve gotten all cheerful about it, something has gone wrong. But when I’m all party-pooperish, everything is fine.

Therefore…meh. (Sorry, Mom, and various relatives.)

But I only need to be apathetic about the actual date. There’s nothing wrong with being my regular excited self about Thursday. And just to make Thursday more exciting; I’m talking about one of my favorite all time beauty subjects. Eyeliner. Today it’s from Lavera Organic Skincare.

Liquid Eyeliner

Blurb: This long-lasting silky, smooth eyeliner glides on easily, for a dramatic look. The precision brush creates a fine and defined stroke. A specially formulated infusion of organic flower extracts and nourishing organic oils feel natural and non-irritating on the eye lid. This product is vegan. Colors: Black and Brown.

Kajal Eyeliner

Blurb: With organic Beeswax & Palm Oil. Lavera Organic Mineral Eyeliner provides easy, soft and brilliant application. Pure organic Beeswax & Palm Oil give smooth texture for the most delicate eye area for non-irritating & consistent results. These natural, all-mineral based shades highlight and accentuate your eyes instantly. Colors: Black, Brown, Blue and Green.

I have a makeup junkie friend with extremely sensitive skin, and she swears by these liners. She’s been using them forever, and says Lavera is one of the only brands that doesn’t irritate her eyes, yet still delivers a great look. In addition to being gorgeous and kind to skin, these liners also organic.

The Liquid formula is really fabulous. The brush is good (very thin and easy to use), and the liner glides on beautifully. Both the Black and the Brown dried quickly – one to a true black, and the other to a deep cocoa. The Kajal liners are excellent basic eyeliners. They sharpened to a small, firm point, and I was able to apply them very precisely. I loved that I easily got a thin, perfect line right up close to my lash line. I tried “Black,” “Brown,” and “Blue” and found all three colors to be well saturated. I also got lots of compliments when I wore them (yay!). I did have to retouch a bit in the evening; but I was still very satisfied with the staying power.

The website is a wealth of natural makeup, skincare, body care and hair care (it also has a 30-day “Love It” guarantee). While you’re there, visit the clearance section, then learn how Lavera was recognized as the Greenest Beauty Brand for the 2nd year in a row. There’s also a handy store locator. Lavera is available at various markets and drug stores including Target, Duane Reade, Wegmans, Whole Foods, and drugstore.com.

This photo is being posted ironically…

(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

No comments:

Post a Comment