Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Doubles Tuesday #1: NEW Aveeno Hydrosport™ Sunblock (review)

Double reviews means more chances to talk about one of my favorite subjects: sunscreen. Here’s some fabulous new protection from Aveeno.

Hydrosport™ Sunblock Spray (SPF 50)

Hydrosport™ Sunblock Spray (SPF 85)

Hydrosport™ Sunblock Lotion (SPF 85)

Blurb: This innovative Sun Care collection harnesses the water-repelling ability of Natural Lotus Complex and is the first full-strength ACTIVE NATURALS® sun protection you can apply directly to wet skin. It harnesses the unique water-repelling ability of the Natural Lotus Complex, a special blend with naturally-derived ingredients. This exclusive formula provides long-lasting UVA/UVB protection and withstands wear off from water and sweat. Lightweight, and non-greasy, this revolutionary sunblock forms a thin, breathable shield which clings to skin, even when it's wet.

All three products felt and worked wonderfully. They went on easily, and dried to a transparent film that I could barely feel. There was no stickiness, and no white cast at all. And a big thumbs up to the packaging of the spray – an easy turn clicks it open (no caps to lose, and super easy to re-close).

I’ve never used a sunblock with an SPF as high as 85, but it certainly kept the sun away. I had zero color at the end of a long sunny afternoon outdoors (I reapplied after two hours). I generally prefer a lotion to a spray, but I tried both (in the interests of good blogging). I sprayed one arm, and put lotion on the other. At the end of the day, both arms were equally pale. I used the the SPF 50 on my neck and chest, and it also did a fine job of keeping everything untouched by the sun (without any itchiness or irritation).

The weather hasn’t been warm enough for me to test their sweat-proofness; but I did try holding one of my arms under some water, and when my arm dried, I could still feel the sunscreen on my arm. Excellent!

Visit the website for more info (and take the Road to Healthy Skin Tour). There’s also a Where to buy section. Aveeno is sold in grocery stores, drugstores, specialty stores, and online at drugstore.com and ULTA.

(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

No comments:

Post a Comment