Friday, May 6, 2011

Doubles (Hair Care) Friday #2: Salerm ProLine Lamilux (review)

My second “doubles” post features a great little gem I just tried. From Salerm.

ProLine Lamilux

Blurb: Provides sheen and moisturizes after styling. A hydrating formula that gives already styled hair a boost of sheen. Can also be used as a detangler on damp hair for easier styling. Doesn’t leave a greasy residue.

Salerm (based in Spain) provides products to both regular consumers and hair care professionals. They have hair care, treatments, color products as well as salon beauty items.

I call Lamilux a gem because it turned out to be a fabulous, easy, quick and thoroughly effective styling product. When I sprayed it on wet hair as leave-in and let my hair air dry; I got pretty, soft, beachy waves. I combed it through my hair before blow drying, and got a very shiny, smooth blowout. One day I took it with me to work, and spritzed some on in the late afternoon to refresh my wilting hairdo. It worked well every time, there was no crunchiness or oiliness; and I got plenty of softness and shine.

Visit the U.S. website (unless you’re Spanish) and check out the huge array of products. There’s a what's new section, and I had a great time browsing their online catalogue (which even includes salon furniture).

Here’s my last video for Doubles Week. Even though Tracy and Hepburn definitely qualify as a super all time famous duo; you’ll probably think this is an unexpected choice. But I’m feeling sentimental, and this scene always gets me. For those who have never seen this movie, it was made during a time when discussing intermarriage in a mainstream movie was considered ground breaking – so some of the ideas will seem incredibly out of date. But Spencer Tracy’s words about love, and the tears sparkling in Katherine Hepburn’s eyes are timeless. This isn’t your typical romantic tearjerker, but I lose it every time. Grab a hanky and enjoy. :)



(ftc disclosure: sample/product received from manufacturer or representative)

1 comment:

  1. I know this is an older post but I'd really like to try this on my curly/frizzy hair

    ReplyDelete