Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Victory…is…mine! Kat Von D Eyeliner in Rhi-Venge (review)

Woooooo!

and…Hoooooo!

After searching for freaking ever for the perfect absolutely-must-have-can’t-live-another-minute-without-it shade of blue eyeliner, I have found it! Finally! Found it! Kat Von D eye liner in Rhi-Venge.

Blurb: A liquid eyeliner from tattoo-artist Kat Von D. Designed by reality television star Kat Von D especially for Sephora, this eyeliner lets you paint a perfect 'Kat'-eye in a range of sparkling shades. For a dreamy eye makeup look, dip the applicator wand into the see-through tube and use the slim brush to precisely define your eyes—and make your makeup as fanciful as your body art. The eyeliner tube is stenciled with silver roses and a gothic lettering logo inspired by Kat's favorite tattoo.

I have been looking for the perfect royal blue eyeliner ever since I re-entered beauty junkiedom. I wanted deep royal blue liner. Not navy, not purplish-blue, not blue black (you get the picture). I have tried so many liners (and shadows as liners) and could not find what I wanted (or I would find the color, but the formula was so crappy, it didn’t matter). I had pretty much resigned myself to never finding it until I was at Sephora the other day trying out various things when I spied it. Just sitting there looking all innocent and “who me?”

Well, I’d been taken in by promising packaging before, but when I put a swatch on my hand. The color was…royal blue. I gasped. My heart began to beat faster. Could it be? I got out a little tester want and tried it on my actual eyelid. The color was…royal (gasp again!)…blue. It was all I could do not to weep.

So do you really need an actual review? Yeah, I guess you do. Okay: besides being the absolute perfect shade of...royal blue; this liner has a great brush, goes on smoothly and easily, has great pigmentation, stays put all day and comes off very easily with makeup remover.

And it's ROYAL BLUE. And it's available at Sephora.

Happy Wednesday.
.

2 comments:

  1. I have some of the Kat Von D liners and they really do rock!

    I am soooo glad you found your perfect royal blue! The quest is over!

    XxX

    Lyndsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, I am loving this liner formula and may get a few more. At the very least another blue one :)

    ReplyDelete