Saturday, September 26, 2009

Trying New Things: Clairol Perfect 10 High Gloss Haircolor (review)

My fortune cookie on Thursday said, "Why not go out on a Limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?" Okay, that isn't technically a fortune; but it's a pretty darn good thing to read after eating too much orange chicken with brown rice.

As a matter of fact, I've been going out on various limbs since last spring. The last few months have been all about changes and trying new things. New blog, new hobbies, new operas, new people, new ways of looking at life. In general, lots of exploring and experimenting.

What's funny (to me at least) is that even though I've made some truly major life changes; I fully balked at the idea of (hope you're sitting down) trying out a different hair color. Really. I did. I received a new product to check out; and it felt like I was going to be trying out a new head or something. I stared at the box for a few days before finally snapping myself out of it. Silly girl.

Okay, I think I crossed the TMI line about 5 sentences ago; so I'll just get busy with my review.

My usual not-from-nature color is dark brown-red with a tinge of purple that I mix up myself. I chose "Dark Auburn" since it was the closest.

Clairol Perfect 10 High Gloss Haircolor (Dark Auburn)

Blurb: It’s the most-awarded hair color by beauty editors. Perfect 10 is hair color so incredibly quick, gorgeously glossy and technologically advanced. And it’s earning accolades for beauty and science alike. Only Perfect 10 has an advanced color crème with micropearls to target hair's melanin, gently accelerating the color development process. It's a formula you'll get exclusively from Clairol. And it gives you all that high gloss hair color in half the time.

I'm so glad I tried this! I can totally see why it got all the awards and kudos – it absolutely lived up to its promises!

For one thing, it really does develop in 10 minutes. Really. It does. I actually colored my hair in the morning before going to work. (How's that for going out on a limb?) I'm a zombie in the morning; but I had serious roots and I had already procrastinated, so that was the only time I could fit it in. The thick consistency combined with the brush applicator bottle is great – it was so easy to get to every bit of hair quickly without making a mess (especially the hair at my temples and around my ears). And after everything was all rinsed, conditioned and dried, I really did have glossy, freshly colored, dark auburn hair. The gray was covered and everything looked the way it was supposed to by the time I got to work. Amazing!

I'll probably stick with my usual brown/red/purple combo; but I'm planning to use this when I don't have time for my lengthy DIY version. I'm thrilled to have something gorgeous, effective and reliable on hand when time is short.

You can learn a little more about the science behind Perfect 10 and check out all the available colors by visiting the website. You can purchase online at places like drugstore.com and CVS; and you can also find Clairol in most drugstores.

"You will have a great weekend."
.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for such nice review about Clairol glossy hair color which is my preferred brand too.I think Clairol's natural instincts rich Color, Creme hair color products are also popular. So I am searching for clairol hair color printable coupons.Where Shall get the printable coupon?

    ReplyDelete