Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pretty x 5 = Sumptuous Color Bold Volume™ Lifting Mascara from Estée Lauder (review)

A couple of weeks ago, I shared an announcement about the new color mascaras from Estée Lauder. I have finally gotten to try them out, and they absolutely lived up to my eye makeup junkie expectations.

Sumptuous Color Bold Volume™ Lifting Mascara (Limited Edition)

Blurb: Indulge your lashes in a full fantasy of jewel tones and big, bold, weightless volume. This sumptuously rich mascara contains a calculated blend of light-weight gels, polymers, waxes and pigments to lift and plump even sparse lashes into big, lush lashes that are all lightness and flirtatious curl. The exclusive BrushComber™ brush delivers all the thickening effects of a brush with the definition of a comb. Together, the fibers thicken and volumize lashes in one fast coat without clumping. Ideal for even the sparsest of lashes, Sumptuous Color Bold Volume™ Lifting Mascara is fragrance free, ophthalmologist tested, and safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

The formula alone is fabulous. Zero clumping and I got a lovely, long, full fringe. The colors are rich, beautiful, and stayed put all day without flaking or smudging. And everything came off in a swipe at the end of the day.

And the colors! The softest was "Amber," a golden, tawny brown. The shade was very subtle on my dark lashes; and I think this would be amazing on a redhead or blonde. "Sapphire" was a bright (and slightly edgy) blue that both flattered and popped. "Emerald" is a vibrant, fresh green. "Amethyst" is a luscious to-die-for shade of purple - really beautiful and super flattering. My hands-down favorite, though, was "Garnet" (happens to be my birthstone btw). It's a deep, dark red (almost a burgundy) and made my eyes look amazing. I will be wearing it a lot.

Since they're limited edition, I'm planning to stock up. I strongly suggest running (okay, maybe walking quickly) to your nearest Estée Lauder counter and checking them out. You can also take a look at the website and see some of the suggested "partners" for the mascaras. My personal recommendation is that you pick up a tube of Lash Primer Plus (my HG) to use underneath your new pretty mascara. Just sayin.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment