Monday, September 28, 2009

Smashbox Rules (I mean, Reigns)! Smashbox Reign Jet Set Palette (review)

Since I’m a crazed unrepentant eye liner junkie; you can probably imagine that any new color is going to have me all in a dither. Well today’s dither catalyst (I know...“dither catalyst”? Please forgive me) is from the fab folks at Smashbox.

Smashbox Reign Jet Set Palette (Limited Edition)

Blurb: Get the ultimate high glam look that won't budge all day and night with Smashbox Cosmetics REIGN Jet Set Palette. It is 4 shades of their innovative gel liner that stays blendable for 60 seconds, allowing you to create the look you want without unwanted smudging and smearing. The stylish palette includes their bestselling deep black shade along with three new shades: matte deep brown, metallic deep gold, and metallic bronze. Ideal for those of all skin types and colors who want a sensual, smoky eye. Mica adds a gentle shimmer and shine. Titanium Dioxide protects against sun damage and provides rich mineral color.

First, I love the packaging. It’s a luxe leather-looking (very giftable) chocolate brown box. Inside are a slanted brush and four shades (three of them new!) Have to mention that I also loved the brush. I usually forgo brushes that come with kits in favor of my own; but this slanted brush had excellent precision and still gave good coverage.

Of course, all four liners have Smashbox’s great formula that stays blendable/smudgeable for about a minute and then sets to an absolutely budgeproof finish. Loved the black (of course) and the deep brown is a nice addition to what I have (a smooth, rich, matte coffee color).

The two shades that have me all “dithery,” though are the Metallic Gold and Metallic Bronze. The Gold is a deep, sophisticated (not glitzy) shade that looks both bright and soft at the same time. And the Bronze is rich, dark and smoky; but also beautiful and soft. My favorite way to wear these is to line the bottom of my eye with the Gold and use the Bronze to line the top lid. They work perfectly together, and the shimmer in both shades is just enough to flatter. The effect is glamorous, but in a diffused, soft-focus way.

It took me a while to try this palette, and it was limited edition; so you’ll have to look around to find them. But I recommend snapping one up asap. Items from the Reign collection are on sale at both the Smashbox and Sephora websites.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment