Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday Random Lip Balm Post

I have no idea why, but I just felt a random need to discuss some of my favorite lip balms of the moment. Guess I’m just kind of hip to the lip (balm) vibe today.

Simply Organic Lip Balm

Formulated with certified organic ingredients. Makes my lips super soft almost immediately. I love it because it softens without being greasy or waxy. Has a slight orange fragrance. (And right now it’s free with any online purchase at the Simply Organic website.)

Philosophy Kiss Me High Emolient Lip Balm
It’s very dense, so it really hangs on. Lightly pigmented, SPF 20, glossy finish and peppermint!

Yu-Be (pronounced "you-bee") Moisturizing Skin Cream
I use a small tube of the cream instead of their lip balm. It’s formulated with glycerin, camphor, Vitamin E and Vitamin B2. It disappears completely into the lips, so I can apply my lip color right on top of it.

C.O. Bigelow - My Favorite Lip Balm
Shea butter and sweet almond make my lips soft and shiny. It lasts and has a lovely vanilla fragrance. I usually keep one of these in the car at all times.

Update from attentive reader, JenniferJ: They're on sale at Bath & Body Works right now for $5. Thanks, Jennifer!

Lypsyl Lypmoisturizer (original formula)
Has shea butter, beeswax and coconut oil. It also a little minty. What I really love is the packaging. There’s a little slider (shaped like a tiny bee) that moves the balm up and down. Perfect for your bag.

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
First of all, THE TIN IS SO CUTE! But even if the tin wasn’t teeny and adorable, you would still have an awesome all natural lip balm. Beeswax, coconut oil, sweet almond oil and peppermint. And the TIN…!

Happy Wednesday!
.

3 comments:

  1. C.&O. Bigelow lip products are the TRUTH! They're on sale now at Bath & Body Works for $5. Worth every penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jennifer! I just updated my post with your info!

    ReplyDelete