Monday, October 11, 2010

Thank You, Nina! NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil (review)

Last Monday I thanked my mom for allowing me an awesome birthday indulgence. And today, I’m thanking my godmother (“Nina” means “godmother” in Spanish) for giving me some wonderful, girly, birthday, beauty cheer. We were in Sephora during a family trip; and I got to pick out an after-birthday gift. My something was from…NARS.

Velvet Matte Lip Pencil (in “Damned”)

Blurb: The convenience of a pencil with the application of a lipstick in a jumbo-size crayon design. Instantly coats lips with rich pigment, imparting a velvet matte finish for seamless color. The long lasting yet non-drying formula is enriched with special emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting, velvety color for hours.

Wow!

I’ve been wanting to try these pencils for-freaking-ever! And now I have. And now I want one in every color. Because they are awesome. They do indeed have a soft, velvety, matte finish (hence, the name); and they sit beautifully on the lips. The texture is plush and luxurious (not dry – or drying – at all), and the thick pencil is perfect for quick, precise application – a very good thing because the pencils are very highly pigmented. Their quality and staying power are excellent.

Nina politely overlooked the fact that her goddaughter picked something in a color called “Damned.” But I couldn’t resist. It’s a deep, rich magenta that flatters my complexion, and is perfect for both Fall and the holiday season. And in addition to high-impact, va-va-voom dark velvet drama; there’s also the option of applying a gentle swipe for a gorgeous, natural, berry-stained look – that lasts. I also got a great look when I layered a sparkly gloss on top. These pencils are stunning, versatile, convenient and portable – what’s not to love?

There are 15 colors on the website (and I saw some additional shades on Sephora). NARS is also available at beauty.com, and department stores like bloomingdales and Saks.

(ftc disclosure: received as a gift…woo hoo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment